An update regarding Person Detection

For the people are saying they aren’t receiving person detection notifications.
Do you mean that person detection isn’t working at all?
Do you see Person detections in the app Events tab but no notifications?

Not working at all. No notifications and the app shows no person events when I filter by person

Correct, the app has this function enabled for all my cams, but none of them are picking up PD. One of my cams has the CMC enabled, and I’m wondering if this is interfering with the PD for all my cams?

Wyze team, please advise!

1 Like

Yes, it’s been posted many times, PD and CMC don’t work together yet. Pick one.

No person notifications at all when I filter by ‘Person’ in events. PD turned on for all cams, all cams and app on current version, restarted cams, turned PD off then on again all cams.

Hey, I was able to get Person detection working at least one time.
See this other post if you have the Wyze Cam V2:

My essential step missed was not doing this:
From the Wyze app home page > Account (down at the bottom right corner) > Wyze Services > Person Detection (Beta)

I had turned on Person Motion detection under : LiveStream → Settings → Notifications thinking this should turn it on. Actually, I think this should be GRAYED out if you need to turn on the WYZE Service back on the Home Screen → Account page first. So, that is misleading to me.

After turning that on from the Home Screen I did get a Person notification when I tested it.

I switched off PD and reverted to CMC since PD misses way too much due to the cool down period. Unfortunately, CMC is not recording full videos of the motion events either. For instance, it will start when someone has already walked halfway across my yard. Many times it’s short 20-30 second recordings regardless how long the motion is. I was out moving around in front of the camera for about 4 minutes and only got about 30 seconds of video on CMC. It wasn’t like this before, so something has definitely changed.

That’s why I stopped paying for CMC. It has not worked as promised in my experience. I figure I will wait until they get that working before I pay again. Or I may just replace the one camera I need it on with another brand, I pre ordered the new Eufy cams the Pan/tilt one and the smaller square one. I will see how they do. They are wired not battery and they support both NFS shares and HomeKit so that might be my solution for that one camera.

First, do it from the ‘Account/Services’ tab and then turn it on for the cameras you want under camera/settings/notifications

as with everything else in tech, when all else fails, turn it all off and then turn it all back on again and PRESTO!

OK I have been getting a ton of PD alerts for bushes, shadows and vehicles. I took a 2nd cam and placed it right next to the one sending the PD alerts. I have them set up the same with all settings and firmware. After only a few minutes I’m getting alerts for PD on the newer black cam,the white cam shows motion detection only not PD. Is it possible different hardware in the cams could be a issue here? Windy day where I’m at so PD working OT and I’m sending them all to wyze.

I actually just got my 1st two person alerts. One was my empty backyard and the other was actually a person on my garage cam.

For me, it is not doing person D in any form, notification or recording. No red dot lights up on events. When I go there I see the motion videos. If I click the person tab it is blank and says, “Make sure your devices are set to record events.” Perhaps I have a setting wrong on my v2. Can someone tell me how to confirm I have it set to record? I do have an SD card.

No you don’t need an SD card.

The PD instructions have been posted a couple of times in this thread.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/person-detection-how-to-use/98138

3 Likes

First of all, thank you for sending the link. It verifies that I have everything set as it should be. I was out standing in front of the cam. got my mail… stood and watched myself live view…and still nuttin honey.

Although I did the restart from my phone as you suggested yesterday, I have not done it by unplugging the camera as I have not figured out how to get it going again without scanning the code. It does not come back on its own. However, if it is the only way to make the magic happen, I shall do so.

Correction! This time there was a red dot and when I clicked person I was there. Still no notification sound yet, but PROGRESS!

1 Like

Person on the garbage can could be an issue. Did you know them, and were they looking in your windows?

My post said “garage cam”, not “garbage can”. It was a camera in my garage. The person it saw was my wife. I have a wyze cam sitting on my water heater in the corner of the garage that can pretty much cover the entire garage and see anyone coming and going while the main garage door is up.

I have v2 and v1 cameras. I’ve upgraded the v1 but not the v2 with xnor. The v2 cameras are pretty reliable with person detection but not perfect. I have a couple v1’s that are detecting people . Notifications are spotty.
Interesting thing. I have two cameras a v2 and a v1 monitoring a street. People have to pass both cameras. The v2 still detects more people. There should always be 2 detections. But sometimes only the xnor detects. Here is an interesting find. The xnor always starts recording before people enter the frame. The wyze version catches people half way into frame.

I’m experiencing the same positive outcome as I am still on the old version of the firmwares and iOS application since Xnor Was working.

My Wyzecams cams are all sending Person detections and capturing videos as expected. The installed 64 megs mico SD cards installed 30 months ago have not failed a single time. I’m not get animals, blowing plants or moving shadows alerts like so many are reporting.

The downside to not upgrading the IOs app on my phone is, my new Wyze Scale can not connect to Apple Health app, since I run it from my iPad to safe harbor the operation of my other Wyze devices.

By not upgrading the firmwares and IOs phone app, Its has been the only saving grace in protecting my sanity, from being a slave to the devices and keep household peacefulness for having our 13 Wyzecams V2s, 1 Pan(s), 4 wyze plugs, 10 sensors, with two bridges, all installed and mounted outdoors in our hot humid, rainy tropical with lots of bugs and geckos island home, around the perimeter of our house using simple, 65 ft+ long runs, low cost USB cables without adapters operating.

1 Like