An update regarding Person Detection

So now that Person Detection is being removed, when will Wyze have their own version ready for us, or at least partnering with another company that does Person Detection?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-15/apple-acquires-artificial-intelligence-company-xnor-ai

For now! Amazon bought Ring for $1 billion. Google bought Nest for $3.2 billions. I think Apple is going to buy a security camera company soon otherwise they have no need for person detection software. Who else is left out there? I think Amazon also got Blink for $90 millions. To be honest, the Wyze Cam V2 looks like it will fit right into a Apple product line with its simple design.

So again … until we get person detection back why not give us COMPLETE MOTION CAPTURE … once its back then 14 day trial .

4 Likes

Gary Killdall. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kildall

2 Likes

Ooopss

Need a memory upgrade :grin:

I agree, until we get person detection back why not give us COMPLETE MOTION CAPTURE instead of the 14 day trial? And let us know when your outdoor cameras will be ready…

3 Likes

Pretty sure almost every Apple device is a camera already. :slight_smile: Haha

I don’t know when the new method will be available for testing but it’s chugging along!

For the outdoor cameras, they’re in beta and we’re still making improvements. We also look forward to having those ready for folks later. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Please let me be part of that group because it’s raining a lot in Northern California right now and I would love to put the camera outside in an area where it’s not covered under an awning and I’m just really excited about that camera

I’m sorry, I don’t have more hardware to send out at this point. But we appreciate your interest!

1 Like

I doubt Apple will be buying Wyze…

“Given Apple’s deep interest in personal privacy, an acquisition of technology for handling AI on device shouldn’t raise any eyebrows. Xnor.ai’s work could potentially be incorporated into future iPhones, improving Siri and other AI and machine learning-based tasks that are done on device.”

Why is that? The arguably have the most secure infrastructure and without argument the strongest consumer privacy protections.

I have 0 detection from my Pan cam now, any idea when it will return? corner of screen still shows running xnor.ai
When I say 0 I mean 0 it will not send any notification or record any events.
Just stream video, This sucks,

Sorry to hear about that, @bpraim! I’d recommend contacting our customer support team so we can help out with troubleshooting. We want to get your Wyze Cam Pan up and running again!

Wyze Customer Support

Thank you for your prompt reply

You’re welcome! Have a lovely weekend.

With the Wyze version of People Detection it would be nice if detections worked after the initial 12 seconds if you have an SD card installed. At the moment with my setup, I miss person detections because when a car pulls into my driveway the 12 second motion detection starts, by the time the person gets out of the car and walks up to be detected as a person the 12 seconds is up, so no person detection is made, only a normal motion detection.

4 Likes

Thank you anyway I really appreciate the help

1 Like