An update regarding Person Detection

As opinions go, yours is valid too. They (Wyze) have a number of publicly known options and likely many more that we know nothing about. I hope they at least try to honor their business plan that they started with.

they haven’t demonstrated that person detection works properly and now it is going premium? WOW, okay

1 Like

seems you guys are getting worked up over speculations. Let us wait for a response from wyze as to what they are doing.

1 Like

Yea I dont think they’d take away person detection. If anything i think it could just be a marketing thing. Cam plus sounds better/shorter than Complete motion capture. Either way i just want person detection on cmc. Any updates on this wyze?

Hmm, hope so. This is the most reasonably charitable theory in that thread:

" jbuch1984

1d

I’m think this is saying that Cam Plus will include recognizing specific people and letting you filter based on the person, not that person recognition in general would be behind a paywall."

Still sounds like a stretch though.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Receiving notification for camera I don’t have 2020-06-04

If it’s real I agree that would be a non starter for a lot of people. The fact no one from Wyze has denied or elaborated on it gives credence to their intention to make it a premium feature at some point.

Personally I am down to 9 cameras, 5 of them running RTSP so I can use them in HomeKit, 1 bulb I rarely use, and the scale. Oh and 2 plugs. I sold my Sense stuff, 4 plugs and the Wyze band. My Eufy cams have supposedly shipped and if they work out I will start replacing most of the Wyze cams.

Me thinks that the powers to be at Wyze had best get a grip on this whole thing Before it takes the company down.

I recall getting a pretty impassioned e-mail message from them after the Xnor treachery, pledging to keep it free. It would be really odd to see that change.

Agreed.

I’ve yet to get a Person Notification. Enabled in Wyze Services and have tried with and w/o motion detection. Just tried 15 mins ago, walked in front of camera, waved my arms. If motion detection has to be on in order for PD to work, then have size filter so bigger than a 3 ft for motion detection.

OK, i get PERSON notifications for every bird, insect raindrop, wind, etc, etc,eyc. PLEASE fix

Make sure you’re submitting your videos, ever since I started doing that long time ago it got better and now it always detects people perfectly.

So I’ve been thinking (a dangerous practice, I know). I, like many/most people, got Wyze stuff because it was ridiculously cheap and very highly reviewed. It was a bit of a lark, a toe in the security waters.

It’s different now. The economy is very iffy, there is civic unrest, a global pandemic, mass unemployment, food lines, food shortages, cats sleeping with dogs, etc.

It’s a little more important to have tools now that actually WORK. I may be getting over the toy phase soon and have to follow others out of this otherwise fun little niche vendor club.

I mean until now there was at least a sense of integrity to keep the faith (vis a vis the possible person detection paywall).

3 Likes

Still waiting for functioning Person Detection that works with Complete Motion Capture. Not sure at this point if it will ever happen. At least give us FUNCTIONING PD without a ridiculous cool down period.

1 Like

Congrats, that was post 1,000. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to submit missed events?

I frequently submit event clips when the option appears, but would like to submit footage from the SD card that contains events that were not reported as events - some even have the green motion boxes and are definitely not in the 5 minute cool down period.

1 Like

I really wish that Wyze stop creating new products before you get existing ones working correctly. Wherever the problem lies, whether the AI, App or Firmware. I love your products but please get them working properly before going on to new R&D.

12 Likes

I’m waiting for notifications. Any notifications.

2 Likes

Same here, no notification at all after the update on my android phone. Please fix this problem…
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes