Amazon Alexa

I just purchased an LG OLED C9 smart tv. It has the Alexa app built in. I’m trying to get Alexa to show me my cams on the TV. When I ask Akexa to show me front door on the TV it comes up with a screen saying Front Door waiting but never displays it. Is there a trick to this.

1 Like

No. There is a slight delay. Here’s how mine reacts with Alexa fire tv. Virtually same thing I believe.

1 Like

I’m not using a firetv. There is an app which installs the complete alexa service on the tv. No need for an external one. Although I’m using an external so thats why I say Alexa show front door on the TV. It does switch but not to the Wyze one like on your screen but it does say waiting on front door. I do have a couple echo shows and they operate like you have shown. The reason I’m using the external one is because I do not want to push the button on the remote to activate the voice command.

1 Like

I just say the cam name (name in alexa app), ie. “Alexa, Front Door”. But how did you get her to not say/reply “OK”?

Edit: opps, just tried it, and I have to say DISPLAY Front Door…

1 Like

How do you have the LG OLED C9 smart tv hooked up to the internet, WiFi or Ethernet cable?
I’d try the other and see if it helps …

1 Like

Ethernet

1 Like

Try Wifi …if you haven’t already.
But Ethernet IS the better of the 2.

I’d try and move the Wyze cam temporarily closer to the WiFi router/extender it’s connected to…and see.
If it works, it’s Wyze related issue …
If not, the Alexa app in the smart Tv issue …check for update(s) ?

1 Like

Just as a side note on signal, I have one outside cam connected to and old Linksys 54g running dd-wrt from inside a metal building, and while the cam shows a signal strength of 96% from the 54g wifi, the 54g is only showing a 38% receive from that cam. So it looks like it would be easy to have a good enough signal to setup a cam, but at the same time not be able to view it.

2 Likes

“Show me” the front door. “Display” the front door. Same thing.

1 Like