Am I stuck in WyzeWebcamWorld forever?

I thought this would be simple, but maybe it’s a user error…

I did the webcam firmware update to two of my WyzeCams during the early stages of the pandemic when you couldn’t buy a webcam anywhere in the US. Now that I have more webcams than I’ll ever need, I’m trying to put those WyzeCams back to their original location.

There inlines the rub. For some reason, it won’t say “ready to connect” or read the QR code. I’ve tried it with and without the memory card in it.

Did I overlook something that said the firmware update was permanent and you can’t leave Wyze Webcam World once you’ve entered it?

Pls halp. Thx!

Welcome to the Wyze community @KrisKoivisto!
The webcam firmware isn’t permanent, but the camera won’t work normally if it’s running it.
You’ll have to manually flash the firmware on your camera. This is similar to loading the webcam firmware on except you’re loading the regular production firmware.
Instructions:

1. Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware files can be found on the Release Notes page.
  2. Download a specific version of firmware, For Windows 10: Right-click on the folder and select extract all. For Mac: Just drag and drop the folder, put it on the root directory of your microSD card. For both Mac and Windows, rename the file to demo.bin .
  3. Power off your camera and insert your microSD card.
  4. Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds until the light is solid blue, then release the button.
  • Note: The “Solid Blue” in this case is not the same as the one normally seen on the camera. Instead, both the blue and yellow LEDs will be on at once, making it appear to be a lighter blue.
  1. Wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.
  2. Once this is done, your camera should be functioning with the original setup. If not, you may need to set it up as new.

More information can be found here: How to flash your Wyze Cam firmware manually – Wyze

2 Likes

Or you can load the RTSP firmware.

Trying to follow the guide to flash back from webcam to cam, it only flashes blue, only flashes. Any ideas?

At what step does this occur? What size card are you using? You renamed the file to demo.bin not demo.bin.bin?

1 Like

16GB FAT32. Correct, I renamed the file to demo.bin

Holding reset. Plug power in. Camera is solid yellow. I hear a click and then it does nothing but flash the light blue. I don’t think it is even getting into flash mode.

I had an issue where in windows I renamed the file to show “demo.bin”, but annoyingly Windows had a hidden extension so the file was actually named demo.bin.bin and my manual flash attempts never took.

The light you’re looking for is a combination of a yellow LED and a blue LED both on at the same time. When you see both of those on, is when you release the setup button and then it goes through a couple different boots sequences and eventually the new firmware should take.

1 Like