Allow Wyze Chime to be accessible/triggered for alerts from ANY Wyze device

People don’t always walk up to the front door - would be nice if ANY Wyze cam (not just the doorbell) could trigger a (selectable) tone on the chime when motion/sound/smart detection event is detected. Would also be helpful if one could buy additional chimes and treat them as one device group so they could be placed in key areas (e.g. garage, basement, pool deck, etc…).

The chime would be instantaneous if within the same WiFi network and thus much faster than the text message notices which are often delayed 30-60 seconds or more and require that I have my phone in hand at all times to read the text messages. (unrealistic).

I came here to make this same suggestion but thought I’d search before submitting. So I’ll piggy back on this :slight_smile:

In addition from instantaneously informing the whole household (via one or more chime modules) if an (unexpected) person enters the property, I would also love if one of the chime sound options was a dog bark sound. I’d basically set it when I’m away so people within my yard, approaching my garage or home would hear a dog bark.

A snooze feature would also be required so when we’re playing in the yard or doing yardwork, we can snooze it for X number of hours and not have to remember to re-enable it later. Would also help with an on/off schedule for those who might only want this feature at certain times of the day.

Wyze Chime Accessories > Add CamV3 functionality for Siren Tones triggered by Rules

Home Security > Wyze Chime Accessories > Add CamV3 functionality for Siren Tones triggered by Rules.

Sirens sounds are generated by one or more V3 Cameras which are usually placed strategically outdoors to thwart off intruders or uninvited persons. The Wyze Chime (Accessory) is typically located indoors and pairs with the Wyze Doorbell to give occupants notification that someone rang their doorbell.

This wishlist item would be to give the Wyze Chime the ability to pair with CamV3 Rules as well and supply a variety of Siren sounds and independent volume control that would be triggered by the Rules defined for the V3’s.

This would give the indoor occupants notification that a Siren has been triggered since the outdoor CamV3’s sirens would typically not be loud enough indoors to be heard or wake the occupants in the middle of the night.

The separate volume control would allow the Doorbell Chime function to be set at one volume and allow for the Siren to be set at a different volume.

Currently, the only Home Security solution Wyze can offer is to place another CamV3 inside the home for the sole purpose of sounding the Siren tones, and there is no volume control for it.

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea what the status of adding a siren to the Home Security System is??? I cannot for the life of me understand why Wyze can’t take a commerically available Siren from Amazon and adapt it to their system. Why offer a system without all the accessories required. What influence do a select group of people have on what Wyze works on?? John D.

1 Like

I like this idea. I would love to be able to trigger a chime from either the VDB1 or VDBPro when someone puts an item in my mailbox. I may not have my phone near me, or it may be in “Do Not Disturb” mode, so an audible chime when the mailbox opens would be great.

Wyze Chime to sound notifications for AI Alerts

I would like my Wyze Chime or maybe even Sense Hub to sound notification alerts when the phone is off, on airplane mode or do not disturb so that if my cameras see a lurker outside at 2 AM it wakes me up….

1 Like

I mean honestly this can’t be terribly hard to implement, but just making the ability to create a noise through the doorbell speaker as a rule makes sense. I can set infinitely many noises through my phone for infinitely many things, but the doorbell speaker can only do one thing? Come on. My wife and I get really annoyed getting tons of false alerts from “motion” of headlights out front but would LOVE to know a door opened or a specific camera picked up a human, simply make it similar to the clock/alarm app on a phone in rules for doorbell speaker. Maybe make the sense hubs little boop audible through cameras and it.

1 Like

This is the reason I signed up here.
If the Wyze chime could be triggered by any device I could change my home to all Wyze devices.
I have a long driveway and prefer to know as soon as someone enters our property instead of standing at our glass door looking into our home. A notification on our phones is okay but we don’t always have them on us.
We also have ducks and a warning when something is outside the coop would help me keep the predators away.

2 Likes

I’m not on the forums hardly ever, is this the only method we have for requesting this feature or should we pester the customer service line? I mean this seriously can’t be insanely difficult

From what I know, the problem is that the chime doesn’t connect to your wifi but directly to the doorbell.
For what we want, a new chime product would need to be developed to connect to the wifi and communicate with other devices.

I just see that as an excuse because obviously the doorbell speaks to the chime somehow and it should be as simple as communicating to the doorbell to force communication with the chime, I’m sure there’s some issue with jumping between devices though

1 Like

Bump this. I would buy another 4 products to replace all my Ring devices so I can be a Wyze only home monitoring system.

1 Like