Allow the garage controller V3 camera to be able to display on Google/Alexa smart displays

Currently the garage door controller camera does not display as a camera under the cameras icon in my google nest hub max. Apparently it does not display on Alexa home displays as well. Can we get this added in so the camera displays along with the other Wyze cameras?

[Mod Edit] Modified title for clarity.

Thank you for the Wishlist submission @aquino.bob

Don’t forget to vote for your submission!

3 Likes

Alexa - Be Able to View Garage Door Cameras

With the other Wyze cameras, we can view the video feed through Amazon Alexa show devices. With the cameras in the garage-door-controller scenario, we cannot.

We can control them (up, down, status) - but can’t view the feed.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

This is such a great omission from Wyze. What’s the point of having camera and Google integration if we cannot stream it on Google Home.

2 Likes

When i bought the garage door controller on the box it said it had Google home integration and i could watch it from anywhere i kind of feel deceived they should include a (only on Wyze app) or something along those lines. It’s crazy to me that a feature that would make this the best garage door controller has been omitted for seemingly no reason and there’s no warning on the box or anything. As far as everything else it’s literally perfect.

just added the garage controller, and as others have found the camera wont identify as a camera in the Alexa app so i cant view it on my office show 8 all my other cameras work fine. would be nice to see an updated firmware that will allow the echo shows to view the camera as well. with out having to drag out my phone or tablet

1 Like

Yeah I hope they add this in the future but it’s been so long I don’t know if they’ll ever do it

Any update on this?

This will be a very useful feature to have. I hope the dev team is taking notes…