Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

This is killing me. My list has this on it right now.

• Wyze Cam V3 (4 of them plus MicroSD cards)
  • Wyze Doorbell (1 of them)
  • Wyze Plug Outdoors (2 of them)

…and so I wait.

1 Like

When are Canadians going to be able to buy the new wired Wyze cam V3

1 Like

Latest guestimate was 1st quarter of 2021, so I personally think maybe around March, but that’s only my Guess based on Wyze general timeline statement from October.

Dear Wyze, I am a happy long time customer of Wyze cameras and recommended many friends to buy Wyze products, but we are sad and frustrated for the long wait to access all the products in Canada. Please provide a time line if possible. Thank you.

1 Like

Wyze will never respond to this question !! )))))

No response is a response.
They have no news.

Wyze, why do you taunt me so???

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

See? They’re working on it. Two words in two years.

Is that lipstick?

The product sold at Home Depot in Canada is Wiz, not Wyze.
Just so you know.
Have a nice sunny day!

Welcome to the forum.

@dominicdaigle is saying Wyze has a deal with HD in the US so why not Canada.

It’s disgusting how your treating your Canadian customers!

Henry

| angus.black
December 27 |

• | - |

Welcome to the forum.

@dominicdaigle is saying Wyze has a deal with HD in the US so why not Canada.

Thanks. :smiley:

It’s laughable how entitled some people in this thread are. You aren’t “owed” anything. There are plenty of products that aren’t available to other countries and I know people will reply to this saying how Wyze has said they’ll enter the Canadian market and haven’t yet and blah, blah, blah.

As others have said, a business takes care of issues/problems/opportunities based on priority and unfortunately selling within Canada hasn’t been the top priority but it’s obviously on their radar based on the progress that’s been seen. If Wyze loses some business or potential business then so be it, that’s the beauty of the free market, some other company will benefit instead.

Whining on a public forum is incredibly petty and honestly embarrassing. Or to quote a previous post, “disgusting”.

There will be no Ketchup chips or Smarties for the US until we get Wyze cameras. So there. :grinning:

Ughh ketchup chips and smarties are awful. You could say those are terrible bargaining chips :nauseated_face:.

That’s what forums are for, voice concerns and share opinions, you should be grateful you were able to share your disgust as I was mine.

You’re not great at negotiation. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We’ll have a chat w/ Justin (Mr. Trudeau) at the national BBQ next week aboot making sure All Dressed chips get taken off the export list too then.

Now hush, or Letterkenny will be next!

1 Like

God can’t stand those ketchup chips…
Just make sure Dunkin donuts never make it up to Canada too…
Love our Tim Hortons…
I’m over the Wyze Cameras…
Going to go watch CNN and hear them beat up Trump…

With three Wyze products I’m a fan, but it’s disappointing not to be able to get Wyze products quickly in Canada; and a bigger problem than it appears.

Amazon.com ships Wyze products to Canada and Mexico, so Wyze could sell directly if it chose and increase market potential by 50%. Aspects such as server capacity etc., noted as reasons not to expand, are insignificant compared to this potential. The fact this is languishing and not a priority is telling.

There are other supply chain problems as a result. Wyze scales are $81.67 on Amazon.ca, four times the price on Wyze’s web site. Nobody’s a buyer at that price (NB: USD, adjusted for exchange and delivery - actual list is C$128.15). Clearly Wyze are not in control of its downstream product delivery chain.

Limiting direct mailing means Wyze is missing out on one in three possible sales. The EU is double the North American market. So the current limited direct sales only accesses 35% of the potential from these markets alone, i.e. one of every three possible sales, in aligned, accessible markets it’s products clearly sell in. Ouch.

The current approach also makes Wyze dependent on a sales and marketing chain with pricing they clearly don’t control, losing further sales and market share, and opening the door to competitors. Amazon.ca only carries a fraction of Wyze’s products and only slightly more on Amazon.com. This is a management issue and decision.

The priorities are clear. Wyze chose to expand their range rather than consolidating their lead with cams, spreading thinly to innovate and develop products, but without deploying them to the broadest possible market to consolidate market position and spread fixed costs over larger volumes, raising per-unit profit margins. This is a technology preference where marketing and business management are secondary priorities.

There are other signs. As funding for Wyze servers comes largely from sales, not solidifying their lead, and not leveraging their existing customer base, makes Wyze reliant on continual invention and new products to fund background servers, service and support. If this continues it could become a weakness that affects US owners too, if Wyze stumbles. This is where companies often fail.

So while some might say “so what” about failing to serve Canada and Mexico, in truth it hints at a company with underlying challenges that could affect everyone. Question: if Wyze fails tomorrow, will your products still work?