Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

Who said they were breaking the law? The expectation is based on Wyze announcing they are going to be selling direct to Canada.

I’m seeing frustrated customers or potential customers venting, including yourself. You recommended closing the thread but maybe if you find it so frustrating leave the thread and you won’t have to read about it.

No one said that they were breaking the law… me included. I said that this is NO LAW that they must sell outside Canada.

The expectation is they will sell direct to Canadians… They have said it… they have not said when but yet there is a continual “why don’t you sell to us?”.

I would leave the thread but I am interested in buying WHEN they are ready. This thread is 588 posts long and I would guess that 500 are people venting about the same thing.

That’s the same (and pretty much only) reason I’m still on this thread.

The delay no doubt has to do with privacy laws in Canada since these devices harvest usage data for resale. Maybe they have to setup Canadian servers for some of the data?

I live near the border and I use to be able to make weekly trips to get cheap gas and pick up any orders that got shipped to the border. Yes it sucks that I can no longer get a bunch of stuff from Wyze that I would like to order. It especially sucks for the holidays as I use to be able to give economical gifts that were hard to come by in Canada. I am not angry that most of these products are not available to Canadians nor do I feel entitled that they should be it just is what it is.

Whenever the products are available to me I will make the orders. If I had to guess I would say Canadian shipping will be available (early 2021 according to the email) before the borders reopen. If that takes months or years then so be it. If I absolutely need something right away and I can’t get it from Wyze I’ll go with a different brand but I’d say there are very few situations where their products are a necessity. My home won’t instantly crumble if I strip away all the monitoring and smart home functionality so I can wait.

If Wyze was really interested in the Canadian and or Mexican or the world markets for that matter they would put the effort into it and get it done. It does not take years to accomplish. Clearly they are not really interested. There are other products available that do the same. I’m moving on.

Why do you read posts then complain because you read a post?
It’s the same complaint over and over so stop bitching about it. :laughing:
I had to say it once it came into my head.

I think a lot of the posters don’t read the entire thread, they just want to get their frustrations out.

Personally I don’t want any of the newer products other than the V3 cameras when my V2s start dying off. I assume Amazon.ca will have them by then.

Wyze is interested but like @rborrell said, it ain’t easy.
They mistake Wyze made in the past was announcing it. They would have been better off surprising us.

Are they actually developing products or buying them and branding then as Wyze?

A combination. Some of the products existed but Wyze had them built to their own specs and developed the firmware.

You are right that a company is not obligated to sell to their two largest neighbours - but isolation attitudes are negative to your economy.
Yes they have NA standard certification.
Yes there are requirements; but, if major trade items like softwood lumber, aluminum, cars, wheat and oil can be figured out, electronics on a relatively small scale in comparison is not hard to figure out - many companies have. Wyze already supports many of their software related items across the borders, so clearly they are interested in making their products work outside of the US (BTW they are gaining popularity in Europe too!)
Wyze revolutionized the industry for cost/product value security services throwing even the Chinese importers for a loop. So it would be logical for them to pursue, at least to start, North American sales, after themselves having stated that they were doing that 2.5years ago!
Lastly purchase of the product, without the companies express support of the sale, voids the warranties and support! So no we can’t come, grab, take and sell at home!
Even when we do buy via Amazon.com (US version not .CA ours) it voids the product registration, warranty, and service support - although WYZE has been supportive of their non-US customers in many cases providing work arounds and we continue to be supportive of them as a company!
It therefore is, “less bitching”, than urging the company to find a solution, and they do continue to say they are working on it, and they don’t jump down the throats of their northern neighbours outright for trying!

1 Like

Hey. It is now 4 months since you posted this. Any actual date to share w us?

Yes what has happened since October 1?

Amazon.ca has the V2 on for $29.99

I wonder if they are dumping them to bring in the V3? :slight_smile:
Hope so.

Just remember that as of now, Amazon.ca is just a reseller, and not officially Wyze Canada. That’s a good price, but there is no Wyze warranty support for items purchased on Amazon.ca. so if that’s not important for a $30 item, then ya, it’s nice to see someone offering good prices on the v2

Yes, this is true. I assumed most people familiar with this thread would know that.
There really is no option to buy Wyze with warranty in Canada.

Why not go with Home Depot? There everywhere in canada and you already have a deal with them it seems!

Home depot canada does not carry wyze.

The only Canadian retailer is Petsmart and they only sell V2 cameras.

Is there warranty for Petsmart purchased cameras?

I would assume PetSmart honour a warranty.

Thanks

Actually Wyze honored it BUT wouldn’t mail to Canada, so I mailed it to a friend in the USA and they are enjoying it…

Can’t wait until they sell in Canada!