Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

I stand corrected, I accept your comment that the last update was 2 months ago rather than 8. Who knows, however, when the Canadian outlet will actually appear. In the absence of Wyze selling its full line of products in Canada, I also have to note that Amazon Canada has added the Outdoor Cam and is now offering better pricing than Amazon.com on this and the 2-pack v2 camera. In fact, if you consider import duty and currency conversion, the Amazon Canada pricing on several items is arguably better than even the wyze.com pricing. The only problem is that Amazon Canada has a limited number of Wyze products available.

Remember too, Wyze products from Amazon Canada have no warranty.
I don’t care for the V2 cameras but $100+ items, I want a warranty.

2 Likes

But I’m sure Amazon.ca Wyze isn’t actually Wyze and is another reseller. So the issue with warranty is still an issue, or am I missing something here?
Thank you

The reasonably priced Wyze items are sold by Amazon directly.
Wyze is supplying Amazon US which is supplying Amazon Canada.

Supposedly Wyze has asked Amazon.ca to not sell their products but that seems unlikely. It’s a win / win for Wyze. They still sell the products without warranty obligations.

Make that 5. I have a Blaine mailbox, so usually not an issue… but COVID. I really wanted a few of the headphones for Christmas gifts. Oh well.

I don’t mean to be “that guy” but this Canadian would really like to be able to preorder that vacuum. Maybe? Pretty please with maple syrup on top?

I’m looking at 2x v3 camera’s, 2 plugs, doorbell, thermostat and maybe add-ons…

I’ve been holding off since September and the more they add, the more I want, however I’ve been looking at other brands lately as I can’t get across to my US shipping address.

If/When they open this up, I’ll be dropping a few hundred on items… pitter patter

Joe from Windsor, ON

1 Like

Oh cool, I’m in Windsor too! If it wasn’t for COVID19 I probably also would have ordered some wyze stuff to a US address and gone across the border to pick it up. Really looking forward to the Canadian shipping next year.

3 Likes

Just received another insulting email from Wyse today flaunting all the products that are not available to Canadians. Still really hoping they aren’t just stringing us along with this “next year” story that was quietly thrown out. Fingers crossed. I guess they know we are polite chumps who will sit there and take it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’ve been saying this for 2 years. I moved on and bought a competitors product.

2 Likes

It will be 2 years come March that they say they’ve secured a warehouse and shipping and yet nothing for us. I guess I’ll be moving on also.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

No, it hasn’t. @UserCustomerGwen announced it on September 30, 2020.
Notice the reference to COVID-19?

It was acknowledged in May 2019 that it was being worked on. Easily 18 months but probably closer to 24.

quote=“WyzeGwendolyn, post:16, topic:21139, full:true”]
We are working on Canadian shipping with plans to launch that in the summer! We’d like to get to other areas of the world later but don’t have concrete plans for those yet.
[/quote]

Unpopular Truth: Companies are not obligated to ship outside of their respective countries of origin. The fact that Wyze is ‘working on it’ is great. That being said, it is their right as a private company to chose their own priorities and obligations.
@UserCustomerGwen has been gracious enough to provide us with periodic updates. And for that, I, personally, am grateful. However, I have zero expectation of accomplishment in accordance to my whim and want.
When (and if) it happens, it will be great! In the mean time, however, I am realistic in the notion that it may never happen… and that is their right as a company.
Us griping and moaning on here like a bunch of spoiled Millenials is going to accomplish nothing. Chill, people.
We all love the Wyze products. We all wish it was available within Canada directly from Wyze… They have set their priorities, and while it may not necessarily line up with our own, or at the speed which we desire, it is stated as a work in progress.
Will it happen in our lifetime? Possibly. Do we have any right to an expectation of such? No.

…and queue the reply griping in 3… 2…

1 Like

Speak for yourself.

I agree with your post for the most part in that a private company can do what they want. However when they publicly make a statement they are then subject to public scrutiny.

I think you’re discounting that some of us are familiar with running a business, supply chain, marketing, and global distribution. This is also a forum that is for discussion about various topics. If you’re not supportive of the topic or conversation you don’t have to be part of it. You also don’t need to make assumptions and dare I say personal attacks on people.

If you are going to quote me, please do so in its entirety. I could have written purple rocks and someone would get offended. If you’re that easily offended, perhaps the internet is not the place for you.

That summer of 2019 launch obviously didn’t happen. Wyze later said ‘by the end of the year (2020)’, which also didn’t happen.
The latest word is from September 2020 which I quoted above.

It will happen when it happens.

Actually, he was. Us includes himself.

Hey there. It is now December and another 3 months since you gave this update. We have been waiting for 2 1/2 years to hear wait and something is in progress. It seems hard to be passionate and wait with so little progress is made or so little information is provided. Please let us know. Else there are other brands (Not as good) but they are available and able to ship to Canada now.

1 Like

Totally agree with @AdonistheGreat because as well:

1. Wyze is a private company and is in the business to make money. Why would they ignore a market 10% greater than their current one, even if they have to jump through some hoops to get there. I’m sure they are thinking the sooner the better.
  2. Last time I checked they were in the throes of releasing three new/updated products, many of which we want. It’s not as if they are sitting on their hands waiting for sales to come in.
  3. I would give them some latitude to find a good Canadian distributor for their products instead of picking the first who comes by who will jack up the selling price by 50%.
    Let’s cut them some slack!