Allow Access to WiFi settings for Wyze Outdoor Base Station

I reached out to support on this recently and still think the answer is NO… Support did hint that it could be changed if you were starting out from scratch but didn’t see anything else to back this up and with a working deployment I didn’t have time to test it out.

Has anyone with a recent WCO base station deployment seen any option to define the channel for WCO cameras to attach to?

I totally understand… an AUTO/Dynamic setup doesn’t cut it…I need some manual control myself… they would sell another base and 4 cameras if they could provide me with this.

I would love it if I could setup or change networks without having to use a wired ethernet cable. I can’t remember the last time I owned one. It would be very helpful for traveling.

I can’t even connect my hub to the WiFi form Ethernet after this last update.

1 Like

Anyone ever confirm if a new setup can use a different Wifi channel than 11?

When the Base Station is connected to the router via Ethernet, the Wyze Outdoor Cams will connect to the Base only on Channel 11. Wyze should allow us to change that in the app.

If you setup WiFi on the Base Station for its backhaul, after you disconnect its Ethernet cable, the Base Station will essentially act like a Repeater. The Outdoor Cams will connect to the Base on the same channel that the Base connects to the Router.

In the future, I may move the Base to a location that suites it a Repeater and can serve the Outdoor Cams (Base’s Ethernet disconnected).

Until Wyze allows us to change that channel, I will keep the Base connected to the Router via Ethernet and set the Routers 2.4GHz to either Channel 1 or 6.

In my current environment, I’ll keep the Base plugged into the Router (Router’s 2.4GHz setup for Channel 1) via Ethernet. I would like to configure the Base to use Channel 1 or 6 for the Outdoor Cams so the Router can serve my main 2.4GHz clients on Channel 11.

Change wireless channel on Outdoor Camera base station

I like to keep my home networks manageable and in separate WiFi channels that do not conflict. The base station offers no ability to tell it what WiFi channel to use. This is not good practice for WiFi standards.

this is marked wishes granted. I do not have any way to still change the channel on the outdoor base station. anyone else?

I see some chatter above about the base station using the same chan as the main wifi. i will verify this inssider this eve.

I don’t see how this wish has been granted, and I also don’t see a way to vote for this wishlist item. Will a mod please move this to the correct category or explain how the requested option may be used?

2 Likes

I also don’t see how this wishlist request has been granted. Mods are user volunteers, not Wyze employees. Only Wyze staff changes status of topics in this Wishlist category. I’ll bring the issue to the attention of Wyze.

1 Like