All WYZE devices offline!

Help! All my WYZE devices are offline, including cameras, thermostat and plugs. I have restarted and tested my internet/wifi…it’s working fine for mobile and desktop. I have power-cycled my devices hoping to get them to reconnect…no luck! I have uninstalled my WYZE Beta app and reinstalled…again, nothing! Not sure what to try next…any suggestions? Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Is the Wyze server down?

Hi @BenDale Wyze uses the AWS for services. There is a large internet outage on the East Cost about 11 AM Pacific time. (https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/01/26/east-coast-experiencing-major-internet-outage--cut-fiber-in-brooklyn-likely-culprit/?sh=460e950f4907)

Will my devices automatically reconnect or do I need to do something when the servers come back up?

@BenDale
They should automatically come back online

The devices all suddenly came on again for about 12 hours and now they have been offline again for a day. Internet is working great. Tried power-cycling devices, router, etc. Any other thoughts? Should I delete all devices and set them all up again one-by-one?