ALL Wyze Cams just STOPPED WORKING

Regarding your V2’s, this afternoon Wyze pushed out FW update for V2:
4.9.6.191 (September 30, 2020).

1 Like

Fingers crossed I can get to the point where I can get the updates - we’ll see and thanks

3 Likes

These users were not so happy with the update.

1 Like
1 Like

Hi Eastern Time Zone (US) here.
New twist
I was not able to perform the suggested “fixes” yet due to time constraints but wanted to see if I could get a firmware version on one of the cameras first so I opened the app to see what I could find.
Had a spare camera so connected that and the setup magically appeared.
I was able to complete the setup and the camera actually connected.
I got the splash screen about the 14 day trial and new software and the camera was live.
Bear in mind that I have absolutely nothing since the last reboots of modem and router when none of the cams worked.
Looked at the other cameras which were still showing in the app but none are connected.
All of a sudden the camera randomly just disconnected, attempted to reconnect and could not.
It repeated for the 3 tries but no luck.
This whole thing is really weird.
I’m starting to think that if there really was something wrong with my system (router/modem etc) the connection certainly wouldn’t have connected today.
Why it disconnected on its own though is another mystery.
My plan now is to give it a day or two and try again before I proceed to tear the connections apart and rebuild.
Thanks

[quote=“deansdad, post:12, topic:131409, full:true”]
Hi Eastern Time Zone (US) here.
New twist
I was not able to perform the suggested “fixes” yet due to time constraints but wanted to see if I could get a firmware version on one of the cameras first so I opened the app to see what I could find.
Had a spare camera so connected that and the setup magically appeared.
I was able to complete the setup and the camera actually connected.
I got the splash screen about the 14 day trial and new software and the camera was live.
Bear in mind that I have absolutely nothing since the last reboots of modem and router when none of the cams worked.
Looked at the other cameras which were still showing in the app but none are connected.
All of a sudden the camera randomly just disconnected, attempted to reconnect and could not.
It repeated for the 3 tries but no luck.
This whole thing is really weird.
I’m starting to think that if there really was something wrong with my system (router/modem etc) the connection certainly wouldn’t have connected today.
Why it disconnected on its own though is another mystery.
My plan now is to give it a day or two and try again before I proceed to tear the connections apart and rebuild.
Oh and the camera I was able to install this morning is showing firmware version:
I did not accept the f/w update suggested immediately after installation.
Thanks

With 1st cam install still working I decided to attempt a 2nd.
Another spare v2 setup completed successfully and both cams now working in the app.
Old cams still all showing but “disconnected” Error code 90. All attempts to power cycle do nothing.
If these two recent installs hold for a day or so I’ll try adding a couple more.
It’s looking like the “fix” at this point is going to be removing and reinstalling every one of my cameras one by one. Major PITA as some are outdoors and mounted high requiring ladder etc so I’ll give it some time before starting that operation.
Anyway, still no clue as to why things just seem to have “magically” returned to function enough to at least remove and reinstall and I’m happy to have my system back functioning - at least so far.
Hope it all sticks but I feel bad that I am not really able to provide others in my similar circumstances any help in pointing them to a solution since I flat out don’t have a clue and really didn’t do anything to assist the “fix” on this end.

Incidentally, where the heck is the time zone setting? I looked for it when you guys asked in order to check but danged if I can find it.

Same here Hawaii time zone all 4 of my cams stopped working after the upgrade very frustrating. Ruined my day

I tried power cycling and internet reboot it did not work

Yeah, I know .
I wouldn’t be happy either if it happened to me

Hi @deansdad Think they mean the time zone where cameras failed to update are located.

OK thanks doc
At least i’m not going totally crazy

1 Like

Nope, all of what you wrote the other day “Same”. All of my cams quit the other dayn no changes to the router other than a power outage or two. All of my cams in and out of groups can be livestreamed but none detect a recording for “Events”. I’ve checked and double checked all of their settings, unplugged to reboot and synced ALL of my cameras. One thing I have noticed is that “Motion Tagging” was off and needed to be engaged at least twice to make the cameras record events but this lasts maybe 20 minutes before “Motion Tagging” turns itself off.
I’m going to set up all of the cams I have yet to unbox and refuse the update. The Wyze bulbs work, haven’t tried the scale and the TerrierTeam is back in business since I can’t monitor the backyard with these dead little cubes.:expressionless:

2 Likes

doesn’t work, it keep saying “Ready to connect”

1 Like

My cams stopped working as well. I usually update them not at same time.

One day I updated camv2 and solved it after hours by using a different USB power supply. 5watt Apple adapter.

Not knowing what solved it i struggled with my pan cam that experienced the same problem after upgrade.
When i connected it to another spare 5watt Apple adapter it worked again. No more error 90 disconnected .

2 Likes

HI @boydehann and welcome to the community.
Thanks for that interesting observation, using a 5-Watt power supply vs the Wyze 2W. Perhaps @UserCustomerGwen might have that phenomenon examined by engineering. :thinking:

1 Like

Somewhere online it says:
" The power consumption is between 2 -4 watts , depending on whether night vision is turned on"
IF distance is a factor, isn’t this a sound adjustment to cover the voltage drop?
Mathletes, Electricians, Knowers & engineers please comment.:slightly_smiling_face: