All the product updates announced during the Wyzies

They still have to pay for the improvents they make while keeping other costs down. If we want wyze to remain a company, we need to be a little more realistic about our wishes. Even if wyze includes a paid service they are still cheaper than their competition.

2 Likes

the continous recording subscrption is 1.49$ per camera per month

1 Like

DO NOT GET RID OF THE POWER CABLE

That’s why I love the WyzeCam. No longer having to recharge batteries every few weeks which I have to do with my other cameras which claim the batteries would last for 3 - 6 months.

Some comments were deleted or edited that were not contributing to the discussion. A reminder for all to keep comments within the Community Guidelines. The section below is from the Community Guidelines.

Sometimes We Disagree And That’s Okay

Sometimes we will disagree on topics. You may even think that the other person is outright wrong! That’s just part of being human talking to other humans. But when you respond, remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

** Name-calling*
** Ad hominem attacks (personal attacks instead of discussing content of a post)*
** Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content*
** Knee-jerk contradiction*

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that focus on the ideas instead of the person. If someone has something negative to say about Wyze or our products, there’s likely a reason for that. Just tag in a mod or admin to make sure that the feedback goes where it needs to and we have an opportunity to consider and respond to what they’re saying.

6 Likes

Excited about door lock, very limited reliable, reasonably priced products currently available on market. Thermostat also is something I would want for other properties. A note on your “hub” thought processes. I purchased a system that utilized a hub that promptly failed miserably. It was not an inexpensive system. Got rid of it and came to Wyze. I think this may be a step backwards as I’m not convinced that the hubs are another piece of equipment that cant be manufactured economically to a point where quality/reliability given the engineering/cost going into it will make it profitable. Good luck with failed units and the negative drag down of customer responses that hopefully won’t happen.

Looks likes some great stuff coming up, super excited!!!

Really wish there was a peephole camera mentioned, this is huge for apartments…which is an enormous demographic. If anyone else is in this camp please hit the link below and vote to have your voice heard!!

1 Like

wait, what?? if i cant use it under a waterfall then i don’t even want it!!! :upside_down_face::non-potable_water:

2 Likes

Ha! But then you’d need a subscription for hamster food!

3 Likes

I’m glad someone finally reacted to that. :laughing: I thought that was my best idea yet!

2 Likes

Hassio, smarthings integration

7 posts were split to a new topic: Alternatives to the 5 minute cool down?

Sounds great but I’m using a silicone sleeve on my pan-cam outdoors for over a year. I’ll just keep using this if the outdoor cam is wireless. If I have to replace my pan-cam every couple of years due to weather then that’s ok.

1 Like

If Wyze really wants to make money, they should sell replacement magnets for the sensors in 10 and 20 packs. I bought a four pack of Sensors during Wyze Day and two of the magnets have already gone missing.

Or make a deal with these people and start selling mounting kits:
https://smile.amazon.com/Mounting-Semi-Permanent-Solution-Qunions-Specific/dp/B07W4FWQ3F

It’s a $20 camera for goodness sake. A couple of years ago, I paid over $200 for a Ring + $3 per month for cloud. The Ring doesn’t work near as well as the Wyze Cam. I will HAPPILY pay for a cloud service - HAPPILY!

2 Likes

Exactly , you get good bang for your Buck with wyze products and the great features , and , they keep adding more of those great features all the time, some cameras you can’t even use some of the features unless you pay extra.
The reason they are going to implement any kind of paid program is because so many users asked for it including me.

While it won’t look quite as nice aesthetically, you can can replace the magnet half with any magnet, and it should still work.

The magnet side is definitely more likely to fail because it’s so thin and there’s less contact area. I’ve got a door where it always comes loose and sticks to the top of the door, since the door is steel and is constantly pulling on the magnet. I added more adhesive so that it sticks on two sides, but it still happens sometimes. I’m thinking I may scrape off all the adhesive and just superglue it to the jamb. That will keep it on there more securely, and it also won’t be quite as close to the door, so the pull would be weaker

1 Like

I already had these magnets so right now I use 2 or 3 of these depending on how far away the sensor on my steel doors.

1 Like

I now have 5 Wyze Cams, 1 Pan/Zoom Cam, 4 Wyze SmartPlugs, and 8 Wyze Bulbs. I give Wyze Cams as gifts to family and friends, too. I am STILL amazed at what these devices can do. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

2 Likes

I’ll just say , I have a bunch of stuff :grin:

I just reused an old magnet from a Protection One sensor that was installed in 1999. It was still attached where they placed it back then.

2 Likes