All sense products offline

Another user sent me the quote below. I tried it and I was able to get my sensors back.

“New Firmware 4.9.6.104 is NOT working. All motion sensors went to offline after updating. Revert back to previous firmware 4.9.5.111 which is working excellently.”

1 Like

It’s my thoughts that given this has been a known issue reported to Wyze for over 1 week now, that rather than forcing users to revert their firmware to an older version (one that presumably lacks the feature and security updates of the latest firmware versions) that it would not be difficult for Wyze to make a NEW firmware version for the users that fixes this atrocious bug. If it IS really that hard to do, then Wyze should be up front and transparent with its users and inform us of such an issue and their status on resolving it. But alas, that is likely asking too much, they are busy trying to sell their broken, incomplete, and cheap products to whomever they can, no time to focus on quality. Ill just add this to my ever growing list of issues/problems with wyze

2 Likes

Join the club. I’ve long given up. Wyze doesn’t care about their users at all. Complaining is useless. Very sad

1 Like

I have the same problems and they are not addressing the problems. Customer Service just want you to keep resetting to factory settings. Poor customer support!

Not just poor customer service but poor company in general. All they do is sell sell sell but never fix fix fix. They started out great but its been downhill ever since and it seems like they really don’t care. They don’t even respond to anyone’s complaints at all. Nothing is addressed, so at some point we’ll just have to take the loss and move on

I’m relatively new to Sense - but I’m experiencing the same issue. Kids are constantly pointing out that the Sense Bridge is flashing its light. When I look in the app - sensors are offline. I’ve moved the Sense Bridge between a V2 and a Pan camera. Both are in the room just next to the Wi-Fi router, maybe 20ft. Neither of the cameras have Wi-Fi coverage issues. One of the sensors is a mere 10ft. from the bridge on a door with nearly a perfect line-of-sight between bridge and front door.

At this point I’ve just given up on Sense Bridge - Luckily I don’t really need to rely on the sensors as the cameras are positioned in such a way that they pick up motion anyways.
But if I ever had to use the motion sensor or contact sensor to pan the camera (to cover a back door) I"d be in trouble.

So for now it was a waste of $20, I guess.

Join the club. That’s the kind of company wyze has become. They started out great but then all they want to do is sell stuff that turn out to be defective, and then don’t fix anything. The cameras are mostly ok but the motion sensors, contact sensors and plugs are not ok. The plugs work most of the time but they disconnect too often. The contact and motion sensors are garbage

I’m just stumbling upon this now and “If” this is pertaining to your post to me about “Special Ways” to keep plug in the back of Pan Cam, then I apologize. I asked everyone to come up with “anything” to help me with that issue and you were kind enough to not only reply, but also gave a possible solution that I had also thought about. Seeing you being attacked for it (if I’m reading it correctly) is sad and I apologize again. I will end up trying the super glue down the road. :blush: Thank you.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. No apology needed and hope you find a solution that works. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I realize the user asked for “any solution that works” but honestly, at what point does Wyze look at itself internally and say “Wow how did we get to a point where we aren’t able to fix problems and instead are having to provide out of the box solutions”

More so there has to be some sort of change fundamentally from the company where they invest more heavily in releasing quality, finished, and supported products. It isnt right to treat a customer like Wyze treats its customers and its honestly shocking that they haven’t noticed (or worse don’t care) that there is such a large number of customers with poor experiences.

Totally agree. The way they’re handling the business and their customers, they’ll be out of business in a few years. I won’t be investing much more money in their products. I was (foolishly) among the group to purchase the wireless cam on the first day, and I regret it. I’ll put up with the products I have and do my research and move on to a more reliable company who also cares about their customers

Exactly! Why should you have to wash, rinse, and repeat?

My personal experience with Wyze products.
3 V2 Cams, 1 pan Cam, 2 Sense Switches. 2 Motion Detect Sensors, 1 Bridge

Notifications are unreliable.
App often reboots while I am using it.
Cameras, and especially video, are often slow to load.
Retrieving and using an extended video event clip is often slow and viewing a particular time is sometimes difficult.
The recognition of SD cards is unreliable.
Not being able to view Wyze Cams on my PC without kludgy third-party software is a real deal-breaker for me.
The Wyze Sense switch is unreliable.
The Wyze PIR Motion sensor has been reliable, IFTTT not so much.
On a good day, everything works fine. Unfortunately, there are too many bad days.
I treat Wyze products as toys, as such, not to be relied on and would never use them for security or critical monitoring situations.

2 Likes

Agreed, but all these issues aren’t the worst thing. The worst issue is that they’re not responding to the people’s complaints at all. So many complaints, no response, just more products for sale. I guess they’re trying to enrich themselves as much as they can before they ditch the company. Like you said, these are just toys. Luckily for us, not expensive toys

1 Like

Just noticed all my Wyze Sense are not showing any new status on the Wyze app since yesterday… They are all shown as “Closed” at the moment, not offline. Is there something wrong with the server?

Motion Sensors, Wyze Lock, Cam all working…

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Outdoor camera offline

Wyze posted an outage notice at 11:19 PM EST (8:19 PM PST).

That explains why my contact sensor was failing to turn on my bulb…

Are we having more server issues @UserCustomerGwen ? Some sensors are “stuck”, tried re-pairing one of them, no dice. Not going to touch the others as this usually means AWS issues.

False alarm, fresh batteries fixed the 2 sensors that were stuck offline.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

1 Like