All my cameras just say 'authenticating' endlessly and no longer work as of the past 24 hours

Should I open a support ticket or do you have a viable solution? Wyze pan cam model WYZECP1 SV===2A
WYZE LABS, Inc.
Made in China
FCC ID: 2ANJHWYZECP1
MAC: 2C:AA:8E:37:CO:E8

You should open a support ticket.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us

I have all V2 cameras. i cannot connect to any of them with my phone. I used multiple phones and connections. still nothing. i am not home and this is really bothering me!

3 Likes

Same here. All 3 of my V2 and 1 Pan Cam are not connecting. This is going on the second day now. Everything else on my WiFi network is working fine. I have also tried logging in through my WiFi and off of it. Still no success. Please help, Wyze!

3 Likes

I’ve had my Pan Cam for a few years and 2 reg Cam’s and have had nothing but problems with my Pan Cam since day 1, and now it will not connect at all, this is ludicrous…If you’re going to go playing with BS on you’re end you could at least let you’re customers a little head’s up…This customer will NOT be buying another Wyze product again…

2 Likes

I agree. It takes quite some time after it’s second attempt. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. Same thing with the playback mode.

1 Like

As a reminder to all, this is a user-to-user forum. If you’re having product issues you should open a support ticket. Apparently this is only affecting some people, so it needs to be properly reported so that Wyze can properly investigate.

1 Like

Having similar issues, when it finally does connect, I get the sound but the video is frozen.

2 Likes

And like Magic this morning I started from scratch for which I tried and tried to do yesterday and today it mysteriously connected so it was Obviously on my end NOT !! I did everything I did yesterday and so how did it work today and Not yesterday because it was something they did on their end and blame US…If you ARE changing anything on YOUR end minimum is to alert YOUR customers…

1 Like

Confirmed, it is much better today

Two of V2 camera I installed at my mom’s houses are having issue getting video data for two days. It sounds like it’s issue with building tunnel to the camera once authenticated by their servers. Problem is still unsolved.

1 Like

Mine finally reset only after unplugging… But this morning I find half my sense devices are O/S… Hope another updates out soon. This is buggy!

I’m sorry mike but my experience with wyze has been I get much more than I pay for. All wireless cameras door locks lights of any brand will sometimes have issues but in this case, the price does not correlate with the issue. The wyze products are great. Finally an honest company.

1 Like

Very concise and elegant way to put it! :slightly_smiling_face:

It definitely describes the feelings of a ton of Wyze users. It also generally describes the bulk of my experience with Wyze cams.

But every so often, when something important happens (unwanted trespassers generally), my particular issues (unreliable playback over weak internet and missed detections primarily) can become REALLY annoying and I want a better system, or for this one to work better.

So I come here to learn of better options, learn possible fixes, or just to commiserate. :wink:

1 Like

Many and or most IP routers have switching modes that allow for your service to switch between 5 g and 2.4 g , if this is the case you will need to invest in a wifi box extend your wifi in only 2.4 to the cameras , may even have to have separate passwords for the different connections , i bought a wifi router plugged it in and created a password that only allows 2.4 g and have had zero issues since…

A simple Force Close (Android) of the Wyze app and relaunching helped me. I only had one of the cameras stuck that the step 2 of 3, “Authenticating”.

You can view Wyze cams on a PC. Google Blue Stack and set up an Android emulator, then load the Wyze app in emulation. The screen size might be weird at times, but it works, and no changes to your cams are needed.

Ok ill give it a shot