All my cameras just say 'authenticating' endlessly and no longer work as of the past 24 hours

Thanks, just trying to learn the confusing Wyze terminology.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

So the last days i have a similar problem. I have 4 WyzeCams, 2 v2 and 2 pan. All on RTSP firmware. Have been working fine. Suddenly i couldn’t get a live view, on none of them. They do still save events to the cloud, which i could see in the app. Tried lots of things: cleared Wyze(beta) app cache, rebooted my phone, rebooted cams, rebooted all my LAN equipment. No joy. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. My wife an iPhone 6. After trying ‘everything’, i checked on the phone of my wife: working live view. So apparently it has something to do with my Samsung. It did receive an update recently (Oct '19 security update). Afaik, there is no VPN active on my phone. So not solved yet, but seems my SGS10. Reporting this as maybe it is in a recent Android (Samsung) patch or new Android security thingy…

1 Like

Are you running the beta app? 2.6 breaks the live view in the app currently, there’s an updated firmware in the works to address the issue.

2 Likes

Try dropping back to an earlier version of the app. It’s somewhere in the threads. One of the “mavens” or moderators should have the link on hand.
Both of my RTSP’s are down using 2.6.26 because of this.

1 Like

(Release date: July 9, 2019)
Here is the stable App for Android.

Android V2.4.82 APK download

2 Likes

Tx. Would be nice if we could get a push message or something when problems with a version you are running are identified …

1 Like

But then we would miss your valued interaction !
Are you capturing 4 RTSP streams at the same time?

1 Like

:wink: … I haven’t been able to get live streams in Home Assistant … Just haven’t found the time to try even more to get it working.

I’ve managed to do it via Blue Iris. Still get some random disconnects but for the most part it’s fine.

Same here, keeps hanging in authentication, local all worksfine (homeassistant, Motioneye etc) but APP fails to stream. Connect even after reinstalling Cams

If you want feedback about RTSP or the current beta app , your posting in the wrong place here.
You will get much better feedback on the current beta app by posting in the Beta Section.
If you want feedback about RTSP , post in threads about RTSP , click on the magnifying glass , upper right and search for RTSP and you will find many threads pertaining to that.
This keeps things organized , but , the best thing is, you have a whole lot better chance of getting the feedback that you want.

Same issue here, cant connect to one of my cameras. Hands on authenticating and then times out.
Power cycled everything, including my network.

Edit: I forgot to mention the camera loads just fine in a group with other cameras. It’s only when I try to watch it by itself. I’ve tried changing the quality and stuff like that. I think its on Wyzes end

1 Like

Mine don’t. Samsung J3 android 7.1

1 Like

Whats going on? I don’t know if the last Firmware update did it, or with all the new items you can add on did it. I want my cameras back usable. they were very nice at the beginning. Now are always cycling offline and catching nothing. I don’t want to add people motion. All 4 Cameras since 8/2018 USE TO WORK GREAT. 1 was replaced twice (different issues). However, now I have multiple issues all 4 camera’s are constant cycling (9x etc) or OFFLINE. 1 camera is not recognizing the Wyze SD card. Resetting is horrible (removed SD CARD, Held set up button 10 seconds, waited past 5 mins for initialize) 2 attempts finally got a sold yellow however, 2 devices will not recognize the QR code. I wish I could get refunded for everything.

What versions of the app and firmware are you running on what platform. I’ve got 12 cams running, 2 on RTSP and only the 2 on RTSP are not loading.

Yep same here. On latest iOS beta & Wyze beta app. The one cam not working is RTSP

@AllEyesOnMe, please provide more specific information so the community can assist you better.

• Type of phone/tablet OS (Android or iOS) and which version of OS on the device
  • The app version you have installed
  • The firmware installed on the cameras
1 Like

from the FB forum
Hello everyone,

I received reports about the new beta app not successfully connecting to cameras running the RTSP firmware and have confirmed it to be a bug.

Cause: We updated the connection module for better connectivity. However, this also introduced a bug causing authentication issues with the RTSP firmware.

Action: We will release an updated RTSP firmware version in a few days to fix this issue. The new RTSP firmware will also include security updates from the v2.5 firmware (V4.9.4.169 / V4.10.3.169) and other minor performance improvements.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Do we get a notification when the firmware is ready?