All cameras only taking picture instead of recording video during events

They did not remove the ‘local playback function’ unless that button is missing from the bottom bar when you open the thumbnail. Can you post a screenshot?

As Customer stated, when you click on an Event in the Events tab, whether it was a 12s clip or a full length clip, what it was showing you was the clip that the camera captured and sent to the cloud for 14 day storage. ALL video in the events tab IS cloud streamed video. Your SD video is still accessible.

Your SD card video is accessed from the VIEW PLAYBACK bar at the bottom of one of these Events. Or alternatively, by pressing the playback button that looks like an SD card at the bottom of the Live View screen when you open the cam from the home screen.

Now, with the introduction of the new Thumbnail base version (no AI) I am not sure if there is a view playback bar at the bottom. I will have to test that. If someone has a screenshot of the thumbnail event tab please post. If the view playback bar IS missing, this is something Wyze will need to address. You should be able to open your alert notification to the thumbnail or from the events and press playback. I agree.

As for CamPlusLite, you can get your 12s clips Plus Person Detection at no cost if you are willing to jump thru some hoops. Yeah, PIA. I know. But it is a solution rather than a rant. There are many people here who will help you work thru this if you ask.

Wyze is in huge transition right now and it is showing. Thousands of posts. Much growth, much pain. But, it will get better. I am nugging my way thru the changes and updates.

You might check these out. Some of them will help with the CamPlusLite.

My post:

2 Likes