All cameras only taking picture instead of recording video during events

Hey, unfortunately not running SD. Anyone have any idea how to get the photos if nothing else?

What happens if you tap on the photo icon, nothing??
And I might suggest that if you do not have Cam Plus or Cam Plus Lite you really need to get some good SD cards for future use. Set the V3 to continuous record and let it go.

I like these cards but just make sure you get high endurance cards.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Endurance-64GB-Micro-Adapter/dp/B07B9KTLJZ/ref=asc_df_B07B9KTLJZ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309807187084&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=941356479169884478&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1024403&hvtargid=pla-570215041170&th=1

Yeah nothing happens. Goes to the video screen but it is just blank.

Have since added cam plus lite but need access to at least photos from one of the days it wasn’t recording. I didn’t realize it.

Well if it was not recording there would be no photo or it failed to up load? I have no idea how you get an event notification and no picture of anything. You could call support but I am betting they won’t have any idea either. Good luck.

Support: 206-339-3226

So far as I understand, if you did NOT have a card installed and did NOT have Lite at the time, you’ve got nothing. Although I expected the thumbnails would still be visible…

When I try to sign up now for cam lite…I only see charge options in the app. Do I need to do it on a desktop?

I used the website, I didn’t use the app

1 Like

Thank you for the help everyone - after an app update and all the cameras getting a new firmware update I’m back in business.

1 Like

wyze got to big for is pants. going to look for something else and throw away my cameras.

no more recording videos. only stills. getting rid of mine. there’s no answer to this unless you pay them

The event tab o ly shows the cloud recordings. It never has shown your SD recordings.

If you want to retain cloud videos on the event tab, just subscribe to cam plus lite with the custom amount option on the wyze services website. You can still get that for zero charge.

If you want to see your SD recordings, you can do so by either going to the live view of the camera and clicking view playback or from the cloud event on the events tab and clicking view playback. That’s how accessing the sd recordings have always worked.

2 Likes

@towelkingdom haven’t you heard? Explaining Lite is old news. The new forum hotness is explaining why the security hole isn’t that big a deal.

(Just kidding of course.)

2 Likes

:joy: Some people didn’t get the memo.

2 Likes

The news about CP lite has only been out for 3 months, we will have to endure another three I think unless something new comes up besides the nothing burger.

2 Likes

I agree with you

Oh, BTW the missing (disabled) playback button on event videos launched from notifications has been reported as a bug in fix it Friday 4-1-22.

If you would like to see it fixed, it might be prudent to hop on over there, like the post, and add one of your own to support the effort to get it fixed.

1 Like

It says i have to select a price to enroll in cam plus lite. I just want my damn video captures back. Whats a way around this

Select the custom price and put $0.00

1 Like

At least you’re getting something. Mine keep having to be rebooted (restarted) every 10 minutes. That’s the V3s, Pan 2s and WCO2s. Every single one. And no it’s not my internet

Doorbell Cam - This issue of only taking images occurs for me as well so I’ve just been putting up with the anomaly for the past year or so. But now, when someone was at my door using the doorbell and all I can get is an image to review, thats rediculous! Worse is two minutes after that, the thumbnails are recordings again.

Yes I have Cam Plus, Yes all my cams are added, Yes all settings for the doorcam are as they should be. Yes I stay on top of firmware updates. Im a tech person. Been using Wyze cams for a couple years now so not my first rodeo with their cams.

For hours I get recordings just fine and then all of a sudden for several of the thumbnails I touch a thumbnail and it is only an image. The thumnails even show the seconds length for the “motion” captured, yet they are only images.

It would be nice if Wyze actually listened to the reports because constantly telling people to make sure thier cameras are added and settings are this or that is repetitively annoying. It seems that when customers chime back that everything is as it should be yet the issue persists, theres no further commenting from Wyze.

If Wyze is doing their due diligence during testing, if there is any testing, I dont see how this issue can be occurring to us masses but not them. Seems like a bug in the software. Unfortunately, when recording freakishly only generates an image, there is not option to forward that to Wyze to investigate.

I want to continue using Wyze but Ring and Blink are seeming more and more enticing because of the little crap like this that we shouldnt be putting up with. Im sure all cam companies have their quirks though…