Alexa Wyze Skill for Outside North America

ye i agree this is very disappointing i bought cams for myself and my parents on US Amazon as well as echo show and couple of dots was also planning to add the thermostat and doorbell in new year but definitely wont now seems crazy it can’t just work everywhere Wyze Up

+1 for international wyze skills for Alexa.
I would like to be able to stream the cams to my echo show.

It works great if I set my Amazon account to the US but then it messes up my wife’s kindle & the kids fire tablets because all of their content is through my uk account.

why is it that we can buy the Wyze cam from amazon from anywhere in the world but we can’t link our cameras to alexa via wyze skill. i wish i knew this before buying the echo show.

when will international people be able to use their wyze cams on their amazon devices?

vote Australia

2 Likes

Dont forget to vote at the top of the topic using the voting buttons.

For anyone interested, I found this YouTube from Paul Hibbert very useful for how to configure your Amazon account to the US to take advantage of the US based skills (and other interesting features).
Instructions start at 7m50.

His suggestion is to create an amazon US account which is used to control Alexa & nothing else & then keep your local amazon account separate for shopping/kindle/prime video etc

Depending on what other skills you want to use this might work for you but the US skills don’t include e.g. EU based tv channels etc

I have been waiting over two years for Amazon Alexa support (I am a US Citizen living in Spain). My guess is that maybe they don´t understand/care for the international market (which is a HUGE mistake), and’or something to do with privacy laws in each country that they don’t want to deal with as a work load. I have other products that I have bought on Amazon from no name or small Chinese companies that work with Alexa. Although I do assume that those devices are not very secure, and possibly even do a sketchy workaround to be able to use Alexa skills.

@nursingemma

Hi, I’m from Mexico and I’ve been using Alexa with Wyze products in my country. Just scroll up and you will find a video on how to create an Amazon USA account, that’s what I did… I have USA account for my echo show to control every Device in my house and I use Amazon MX for prime and to buy stuff…

Also if you are from Spain, Alexa USA gives you the chance to use it with English & Spanish which means she will understand both languages. I did every routine and device in Spanish so I barely use it in English.

Wyze cam + echo show is pretty good… you can leave the echo running and watching your cam for a long long time, not sure if it’s permanently but I noticed it shows the wyze cam for at least 3 hours straight, just remember to remove/mute sound.

Hope it helps!

International Wyze fans would love to have the alexa skill to other countries

does anyone know if there any plans to do this?

#wishlist #roadmap

Use the voting buttons at the top of this post to help push it up the Wyze ToDo list or use the YouTube video a few posts up to setup a US amazon account to use the American Wyze Skill.

1 Like

And another unhappy international costumer who feels mislead. Got the camera for my father (who cannot handle a smartphone that well at his age). Thought: “Great. The Wyze cam has Alexa support”. Never even crossed my mind to check if it depends on the region. I mean - after all even the cheap and simple cameras have it. Of course such a company would build and design a product for all its costumers all over the world. And after all it says so in BIG LETTERS: “works with ALEXA”. But wow - was i disappointed to find: No - no Alexa skill available Germany.

I get the “problem” Wyze might have with sticking to European Data protection guidelines. Not really sure what other problems might keep them from realizing international support. Server costs?! Any additional software needed?! Customer base not worth it?! Really?

And yeah - I agree with some of the users above: I consider that “works with alexa” image on the package false advertising as well. Plan to find out what the German consumer protection bureau here says about this in the next days…

So - Dear Wyze support people: WHEN will you finally realize international support for your products? Never? Only has been 3 years that people keep complaining… the damage to your brand does not matter?

I made it work changing the amazon default address
you can make it on the amazon page

Thanks for the info, salomonld. You mean the address under “managment content and devices”? The one that changes my default store to the US? Or do you mean the “default shipping address”?

From what I read changing your amazon store (and therefore content to US) causes trouble with your existing prime memberships and especially your content like prime video and prime music. Someone posted a youtube video above that also mentions that. You shouldn’t do it if you want your prime video to work, I recall.

Hi Peter,

what he means is if you set your account (or create a new one) to Amazon.com instead of Amazon.de, your father’s Wyze Camera will also work via Alexa in Germany.

Beware though that you loose access to any digital content (ebooks, music, films) bought via Amazon.de. It might therefore be better to set up a parallel US account.

An unsatisfactory workaround but it works.

As to your previous question: money is the only reason that Wyze does not support Alexa skills worldwide. But, in their defense, they actually do not sell their cameras outside the US. Those cameras are offered by 3rd parties.

I got the wyze cam in the US but brought it with me to India and I really enjoy making time lapse videos of the sky with it from my balcony it’s a great product.

The only drawback is that I cannot link it with Alexa as the app does not support this region. Would really appreciate it if other regions were allowed to link the device with Alexa.

Don’t forget to vote for this feature using the buttons at the top of the thread

Friends…I woul like to have the skill wyze at Brasil asap.

Urgent!

Thank you

Use the voting buttons at the top of the thread to register your interest

Nor in two years either. Clearly Wyze have no intention to expand the Alexa skill outside the US, so I would suggest that all of you users in this forum, go back to your Amazon purchase and put in a review that you think a company who won’t listen to their customers deserves.

This thread has gotten so big that it’s hard to find the voting buttons - Clearly Wyze have no intention to expand the Alexa skill outside the US, so I would suggest that all of you users in this forum, go back to your Amazon purchase and put in a review that you think a company who won’t listen to their customers deserves.

[Mod Edit] Your duplicate post has been removed.

Would like the Wyze Skill for Amazon Alexa to be available for Australia. I have the Wyze lock and the Wyze App and I like it so much I would like more Wyze products but without the Skill I don’t feel I am getting the Full value for my money.

2 Likes