Alexa Wyze Skill for Outside North America

Owning 8 cameras and like 4 wyze sense kits in Europe (and probably more to come), I support this idea. Shouldn’t be hard to implement and will easy some of us.

It is what is called a high impact / very low cost action.

Voted already. (+2)

Anyone know how to get the WYZE Alexa skill in the UK store ?

Welcome to the community, @ivanh. I have moved your question to the relevant #wishlist topic. You can VOTE for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

@flavio, please remember to vote for this at the top-left of the topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I’m using Alexa and having 4 Cameras (planing buy few more with the sensors). Lots of my friends also using Wyze Camera in Australia. Few brought in Australia with AU power plug, few imported from USA. Whoever has Google Home are happy guys, they can use the Wyze with their Google home, I’m the unlucky one. Wyze skill is not available outside of USA. Now, I don’t want to move from Amazon Alexa to Google Home. Is there any plan to release the Skill for Amazon Australia store?

Welcome to the community, @sudipta. I have moved your topic to a relevant #wishlist thread. You can continue the discussion and/or VOTE for this topic a the top-left.

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

1 Like

Until the product is officially sold and supported in Australia, I doubt it. A Wyze employee explained some of the reasons earlier in this thread.

1 Like

Currently 102 people supporting this in the Wishlist.

I am sure that there are many more of us outside the US who would like to have the Wyze Skill made available so why don’t we all talk to other users and get them to support this please.

Best regards from Germany.

As mentioned above, it’s more a matter of which regions they officially have product support in. (Currently, only the US.) See the explanation I linked to in the post above this one.

I’m sure Wyze wants to expand their offerings worldwide eventually, but that’s not something that happens overnight. Even large companies/manufacturers often take time before they offer their products overseas. There are several moving parts including support in local languages, local certifications, etc.

The Request/Wishlist is not about support but about making the Alexa Skill available outside the US similar to the Google Skill.

I understand you completely. I’m just telling you that the two will go hand-in-hand. They won’t release the Alexa skill until they can get the proper “Works With Alexa” certification, which they won’t get overseas yet, due to their server stacks being in North America, which introduces latency, etc. Read this, if you didn’t already.

Since they don’t directly market, support, or sell the camera through non-US channels, the number of people using the cameras in other territories is currently very small, and it doesn’t make sense for them to implement everything they’d need to do to get this certification until they DO support and market the cameras to other territories,

1 Like

I have a lot of tech in my home and most of it is connected to Alexa, I use a smart plug to turn on my Wyze cam but the lack of ability to connect it with Alexa is a disappointing failure by an otherwise enthusiastic technology company.
Opening up full capabilities to your numerous costumers in the UK and rest of Rurooe seems such a small effort on your part.

Thanks, Tony

Why I can’t use Wyze and Alexa in Brazil?

I bougth the bulbs in USA and brougth it to Brazil :frowning:

Now, I can’t use with alexa.

Other brands, works.

I would assume for this same reason

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @luancarvalho.dev. I have moved your topic to the relevant #wishlist topic. You can vote for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

Moved my account setings to USA now I can use it :smiley:

2 Likes

How do you do that?

Wanna post a step-by-step of how that’s done? It may help others who have the same problem

I guess you have to switch to is amazon account. To get this

That would be a Amazon question I’m afraid …