Alexa Wyze Skill for Europe, Asia, Australia, other non-US areas

maybe-later

I purchased my Wyze cams in Canada but have recently moved to Germany and bought a new Amazon Echo Show 2nd gen and much to my dismay, I couldn’t find the Alexa Wyze Skill… apparently it’s not available in Germany? Obviously, I’m super disappointed as it seems it would be perfect for the Echo Show, but as it stands, I can’t access the Wyze skill here.

Release the Wyze skill in Europe

I’m in the UK and I have a few of your cameras, as have lots of other people over here and throughout Europe. I would like to enable the Wyze skill in Alexa but it is not available outside the US. I can’t even enable it through the US Amazon site because it simply tells me that as I have a UK account, I can only use the UK site for skills and, of course, the Wyze skill is not listed there. It shouldn’t be difficult to release the skill over here as it already exists - it seems to be just a matter of allowing it to happen.

This is just bizarre. And why not make it clear at time of purchase. Works with Alexa is a blanket statement. Works with Alexa cough ONLY USA cough isn’t the same thing. I’m very much tempted to return the 5 pan and tilt cameras I bought. As far as I’m concerned this is false advertising. Would be good to see someone from wyze on here to give an indication why what is surely a universal skill is not available for all.

We’re sorry, blair.young. We’re not an international company yet so some of the features that are more regional specific (like Alexa skills) have not been worked on for regions outside of where we ship. The majority of our customer base is in the US because we only ship in the US so far. We aren’t intending to be jerks, we promise! There is just some extra work that is needed to make the skill available in different regions so we weren’t able to make a universal skill.

Hi @WyzeGwendolyn / Wyze team. Here another non-US happy customer of your cams, but also very disappointed when found all my cams don’t work on my new Echo Show bought in UK.

Making the Wyze skill available in UK is hopefully the easiest next step for you. Any chance you can inform if that’s on the roadmap? Happy to test for you, where do I sign up?

You may have received a notification from me being an airhead and not paying attention to the thread I was in. Sorry about that! Right now we’re not making moves on this but we are charting the interest. :slight_smile:

Wyze only sells to the USA, the Alexa skills seems reasonable.

Sorry, I don’t understand.

What does “…the Alexa skills seems reasonable” mean?

Sorry, I mean since the market is for the USA that it makes sense for the skill to be USA specific too.

Also, update the alexa skill to support spanish (mx) please.