Alexa Show not working

Like others here, my Wyze Cam Pan works well with the Andoid app on my phone but does not respond to either Amazon Firestick or Echo Show 2.
I described the problem to support and my various efforts to remedy the problem. Support suggested I unplug and replug the cam even though that was listed among my efforts.
I provided the support agent with a link to this forum with the suggestion to read through it.

Same here. Wyze camera does not show up on show or fire tv. Bit of a bummer. I have 5 zmodo cameras and was really hoping to change them all over to Wyze as the sound and image quality is really good however zmodo has never given me a problem like this. Hopefully we can find out what the fix is

Just got the Cam Pan today from Amazon, Have everything working so it’s time to link it to Alexa Echo Show. Well it is a NO SHOW. Installed, re-installed, deleted , added and even crossed my fingers, but NO SHOW!!. Very disappointed until I came here, and now I don’t feel alone with this problem. WYZE, get to work Brand new and Upgraded as soon as it power up.
Firmware Version 4.10.2.31 up-to-date???

We just got a fireTV cube, a week or two ago we had it working with the fireTV, today it won’t work with any fireTV, nor the echo show. Works fine in the app though.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon!

This may have been said before but Wyze cam owners need to use the same PW as this forum uses to log into the app as well.
I once forgotten my forum login PW and changed it and a month latter the Alexa/Wize integration stop working.
In the Alexa app just disable and enable the Wyze app with the newest forum PW login fixed the integration.

Have been happily using the wyze app on the phone and it’s been working great, but after enabling in Alexa today, the cam doesn’t want to work with my echo show 2. Camera not responding. Power cycling camera has no effect.

I’m only maybe 10 blocks from wyze central in Kirkland, if any engineers want to come over and troubleshoot I’ll feed them coffee. With enough notice I’d even provide top pot donuts!

3 Likes

New to the board and not sure how to private message. My Wyze Cam mac is protected and time zone is EST. I’ve tried connecting a few times over the last two days. The last connection attempt via my Echo Spot was at 12:55pm EST.

The Wyze camera streams fine to the android app without issues. My Ezviz and Ring stream fine to my Spot.

Edit: I have unplugged the camera a few times and let it sit for a while before plugging back in, but the issue persists.

1 Like

Same issue here with both my Pan’s pretty sad about this issue. Was the main reason I picked up the cameras. Sent in logs from one of my three cameras.

1 Like

UPDATE

All my cameras are now working with the Echo Show V2. Yay!! :smiley::+1:t2:

Turns out you need to either physically unplug the camera to reboot it or wait for a firmware update. 4 of my cameras were very hard to access so I didn’t touch them but once I did the firmware update they started working. The connection actually seems more stable as well. Doesn’t timeout from buffering as often.

Mine is still not working…

1 Like

Mine also is still not working…

1 Like

Mine still not working either (Canada)

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Remote Live Stream nearly impossible today

My Fire TV Cubes are doing the Hmmm, “Front Door not responding”. (Wyze Cam Pan) It always did take longer to connect, but now they don’t at all. Prior to yesterday, they always eventually linked and worked fine. What changed?

My Fire HD 10 tablet (using Android) and my Android phone work fine in access and showing the front door.

Hoorah! The Cubes are now showing the camera again. Have no idea what changed.

Both of my cameras still not connecting, sent in a ticket to wyze, no response yet. This is really starting to suck.

1 Like

Just connected my first wyze cam. Unfortunately when I wanted to see it on Fire TV I have the message that camera is not responding. Disappointed. I hope someone can fix this bug.

1 Like

I have 2 out of 7 that do not work with Alexa (on Fire 8 HD tablet). I made a post here this weekend (didn’t see this one) regarding it not working, and the causing my 2 cameras to keep trying to upload immense amounts of data. Unplugging the cams stopped the data upload issue, but they still do not connect to Alexa; I submitted a report and log from the app this weekend, but do not have a ticket # yet. I’m happy to provide more info as necessary to the Wyze team, just let me know.

Tonight, I received a firmware update for my Wyzecam Pan to version 4.10.3.40.
The camera is still does not respond to the Echo Show even after unplugging and repowering the camera.
For a while, I hoped there was a fix. :disappointed:

As of today, March 5, 2019, echo show and the wyze cameras still do not play together. A WORKING combination seems to be the exception and not the rule. I don’t want to plug and unplug, disable and enable the skill, I just want the thing to work!! Amazon needs to stop advertising that these products are compatible. They are not. It is deceptive and wyze, you are hurting your brand.

3 Likes