Alexa Show not working

I am having the same problem. I got my WYZE cam V2 for Christmas and it works great via the iOS app. However today I bought an echo spot for my nightstand to replace a dot. I enabled the skill, linked my account and the cam is now discoverable on my Alexa devices list yet whenever I ask Alexa to show me the cam it says “okay…” then waits for the WYZE cam while it seems to time out and then says “Hmmm, the camera isn’t responding.”
Granted, I bought the Spot because I thought the spot would make a nice alarm clock but my other major motivation was to be able to view my WYZE cam. Would love to get this issue solved. Thanks

I have the same exact issue. I bought 3 Wyze V2 cams for Christmas as well as an echo spot. I bought this with the intention of replacing my arlo cam system. I might have to return the cameras if there isn’t a fix for this. Alexa works with the arlo system just fine.

Well, Just checked mine out again , Echo dot and fire TV, as of right now it’s not working with any of my cams, Doesn’t work with Alexa remote either

Same issues with the same timeframes. Alexa/Wyze stopped communicating 11 days ago and seemed to resolve itself in 24-48 hours. Everything has been working fine until around 24 hours ago when Alexa/Wyze, once again, stopped communicating. Not sure if this is an Amazon issue or a Wyze issue, but it very frustrating… especially for those with a significant investment in Wyze camera and Alexa enabled smart devices.

Same issue, same timeframe…

Still not working. It would be appreciated if Wyze representatives could weigh in and indicate whether this is a Wyze issue or a Alexa/Amazon issue as well as let us know if a fix is being attempted.

Same here.

Same issue with Echo Show v2. Tried everything. It looks like its going to work then says “Hmmm the camera isn’t responding” then goes back to home screen. Wyze app works fine.

Having same issue. Just bought camera. It shows enabled in skills and works on Wyze App but not on my Echo Show 1, Show2 or on Echo Spot. Says “Camera isn’t responding”

Fixed! Could not do the work through desktop alexa (https://alexa.amazon.com), had to do through app. Removed the camera, not the Wyze skill, from where I had it. I went under Wyze and rediscovered through the camera (Had tried already through desktop). Worked! odd it did not work when I did the same thing through Alexa desktop and it showed active.

No luck here. Removed everything a million times, rediscovered etc. Still nothing.

No joy here either. I’ve delete the Wyze cams using the Alexa app. Then disabled the Wyze skill on the app and then enable which then performed a discovery. All the Wyze cam’s appear as new devices in the Alexa app however when I command Alexa to “Show My Camxx” it appears to be attempting a connection with the Wyze cam server but eventually fails.

Interestingly, ONE of my 3 cameras is now working with my echo show. No rhyme or reason why this one is. All work in the wyze app. Weird.

1 Like

Did it just work when you attempt to show or did you reconfigure anything?

All of my standard V2 cameras started working on their own - no config changes at all. I also have two Pan and Tilt models and they did not work until I rebooted them. All of my cameras are now working. Definitely something on the backend… I just hope they get it figured out so it doesn’t keep happening.

I power cycled each of my five V2 cams and now they all are working using the Show command on my Fire Tablet. Guess that should of been one of the first things to try. Lesson learned, next time I’ll power cycle or at least restart the cams to determine is that clears things up.

Thanks SmoothFlyer for the heads up.

I rebooted all my cameras and now all the V2s work with Alexa but none of the Pans do.

Quick FYI - I power cycled all of my cameras earlier and it didn’t make a differnce, so something changed during the PM hours.

I just added my Pan to my network of cams. And even after configuration, device discovery and multiple power cycling a several attempts of “Show” commands it appears to be working… at least for now.

Same issue in the past two days with three systems. Echo Spot will show a v2 video, but the Pan cameras now get the “hmmm, Camera isn’t responding” message. It works on the Wyze app - but Echo is not interfacing. Did something change? Thx!