Alexa routines no longer seeing Wyze Cam v2 person detection

Alexa Routines is not seeing person detection for Wyze Cam v2 devices. This was working before, I have 5 Wyze Cam V2 cameras that were working. I tried resetting one of my cameras and manually installing the latest firmware and that did not work, Alexa has also been reinstalled on all my devices, Person detection is working ok in the Wyze App.
Customer service has been lacking. I have several tickets in with support and I still waiting for a resolution.

1 Like

I just commented about the Alexa person announcement disappearance on another post as well. Not sure if it is something within Alexa app that changed or something removed by Wyze. One out of seven cameras no longer show the choice on settings/announcements in Alexa. That particular camera that works is the outdoor camera. Hopefully this hasn’t gone away for good or is necessary to have cam plus for this feature.

1 Like

I have the same issue, 4 of 8 cameras don’t (or do :slight_smile:) have the PD announcement feature in Alexa.
There are a couple of threads about it but I’ve never been able to resolve it.
I don’t think anyone from Wyze has ever weighed in on the problem.

1 Like

Because of my kludgy home networking setup ( to minimize purchase of new equipment), different parts of my wire and wireless network drops occasionally, in some case causing one of my security cams to drop its network connection. Physically power cycle the affected camera brings them back online.

1 Like