Alexa Routine Integration for Wyze Sense

No because it’s not officially released beta even , no one is even supposed to know about yet, it’s just that someone stumbled upon it . the cat’s outa the bag now though :grin:
I’m looking forward to its release when they get it fixed up right, no idea when that may be just have to sit back and be patient.

1 Like

Will, here ya go , new information from the Wyze Team

I have Alexa routines working perfectly for Wyze Motion Sensor and Contact Sensor. This is EXACTLY what I was wanting! Thank you Wyze for listening and providing this integration. Excellent! Looking forward to the production switch being flipped.

Not to sound overly sensitive,but I didn’t stumble on the routine. I was going to make a completely different routine when I noticed that one of my sensors was listed under Smart Home. Out of curiosity I decide to see if I could get it to respond through my Echo. When it worked I was amazed but didn’t have a clue how to replicate it with another sensor. I spent a good one hour trying to discover devices to get them to appear in the Alexa app to no avail. I went to Google hoping to find the answer but nothing came up. I then remembered that the sensor that was listed had been re-installed yesterday. I then experimented with another sensor and after some trial and error got it to respond. Not having any way of knowing that it was a secret beta project I posted it in a string on Wyze’s Wish List of people requesting that Wyze would create this feature.

I get that, I’m sorry but , I was just quoting what you said , so there’s that :slightly_smiling_face:

That was the short version. I stumbled on my sensor being listed in Smart Homes and then went and created a routine from that. After that I had to research how to recreate the process and get it to work.
On a side note I am actually an Alexa skill developer with over 30 skills listed on Amazon.

I am sooo excited! Can’t wait for them to be released. I’ll def be buying a few more sense kits and another camera right away!

I hope this is added as well. I was really hoping to use the door and motion sensor connected to the Wyze camera to turn on lights and smart plugs or run other routines (Like Have Alexa Say something when the door is opened) Via Alexa routines.

It’s coming very soon. Scroll up a few posts and you’ll see others talking about it. I don’t know an exact ETA, but a few users (including me) are already using this. It was live for a few days before they disabled it. They’re still working out a few kinks. When the camera restarts, it triggers every sensor and they all default to “open,” for example. There might be some other issues, I’m not sure. But it’s certainly in development.