Alexa Person detection announcements with wyze cameras

You can also just ask Alexa … Discover.

Yes as noted that’s what I did,

Hey it worked! Today it announced the mailman!

Very cool. Wyze should announce this feature.

(By the time we checked the window he was gone but the proof is in the 12 second clip.)

Edit: It just did it again. “Person detected at front door.”. And accurately. I love this!

1 Like

Why is no one else trying / commenting on this? This is the best feature I’ve seen since I started coming to this forum. The best I’ve seen since I saw the first nice HD image from my new $25 Wyze Cam.

I have a camera in a room that I don’t go in very often but my cat does and it never announces him as a person but announces me every time

1 Like

Its a great new feature …it’s even competing with my Alexa / Wyze sense devices announcements.

Hum … don’t know which one I like better.

1 Like

Just got another one. I checked and there was a brand new Amazon delivery. THIS IS GREAT. Accuracy has been perfect today and the announcements seem timely. Still haven’t gotten the Alexa delivery announcement - those can take an hour or more sometimes.

This alone is enough to keep me happily in the Wyze ecosystem. Don’t know how well other cameras do this - the Amazon feature seems primarily intended for smart doorbells.

Might be a Canada problem but I’m not seeing this option after discovering devices and force closing the Alexa app a few times :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I had to discover devices, and click on add cameras, then click on Wyze and then log into my Wyze account through the Alexa app. Then it was able to locate my Wyze cams and devices. However it didnt locate my V1 cameras so I guess it doesnt work on those. But it did locate all my other Wyze devices. Very cool feature.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up.
I just set mine up after reading this.
I’ve had this feature for my outdoor Blink cameras and it works great.
If you have a lot of Alexa devices in your home make sure you select only the ones you want activated otherwise they all make an announcement at the same time.

1 Like

I have not seen that Blink has person detection announcements , only motion detection announcements.
Please verify screenshot of blink person detection announcements in alexa app

Hmm, my Wyzes were already showing under Devices, Cameras before doing this. Yours weren’t?

I was only referring to the announce to Alexa feature not motion or person detection. Previously only Wyze Sense had the announce to Alexa feature.

I actually just got it (Alexa) the other day so I still hadn’t fully set everything up. I hadn’t got around to linking everything yet.

1 Like

Still strange people aren’t raving about this.

On the other hand, after getting such an alert today, I tried to do a live view and Wyze pulled its usual “stuck at step 1 try again sucker” dance in the app, repeatedly. Tried 3 different phones. So frustrating.

1 Like

Good luck with this feature… I had it and I hated it. It showed up when I added a new camera which I named Street. I enabled it, but found that it would say “person detected on street” for ANY motion detected. Even when I disabled all types of detection, and notifications, it STILL said “person detected on street”. At that point the option had disappeared from the Alexa app so I couldn’t turn it off. We had to unplug our Echo Dot to be able to sleep.
Then I renamed the camera Driveway, but I still heard “person detected on street” for all events, even with notifications disabled. I filed a support ticket with no response.
I finally fixed the problem by deleting the csmera and reinstalling.

Did you update your Alexa app?
I have had it on and off tested it out, it works like it suppose to

Great feature, thanks op for pointing it out! I’m guessing that Wyze isn’t promoting it (unless I missed the memo) is because person detection isn’t quite a fully deployed thing yet.

I 've tried to discover new devices and unable to get this feature to show up on the alexa app. :cry:

Did you update your Alexa app?

I did. I even uninstall and reinstall it again.