Alexa not working on firetv

For a while I was able to view my camera by saying to my linked Echo device, “Alexa, show me the livingroom camera.”

Now, when I do this, Alexa responds with, “sorry, cameras don’t work on this device.”

I have the same issues with my Fire tv 1 , running AMAZON Version 6.2.6.6 , the camara hangs when called by alexa for about 1-2 seconds you can hear audio but then it just kicks off to the regular screen… talked wyze to support but they werent helpful

Amazon’s Alexa-enabled devices such as the Echo and Harness wise speakers permit you to command lots of items with only the sound of your voice, such as linked appliances throughout your house and workplace. It simply makes sense, then, which you would also have the ability to send orders to the organization’s Fire TV lineup of goods too by using Alexa. Recently I was finding difficulty while connecting amazon firestick with alexa so I followed the guidelines mentioned on howtotechh.com/amazon-fire-stick-remote-not-working/ to resolve my issues.

All you have to command your Fire TV apparatus in this way is a verified Alexa-enabled apparatus along with also a shared Wi-Fi link .

To control your Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Edition tv through your Alexa-enabled apparatus, you should first join them together. Specific Alexa-enabled programs and apparatus can’t be utilized to control your Fire TV, such as the Alexa program, the Amazon Shopping program or some other Amazon Fire tablets.

Open the Alexa program in your own Android or iOS device.

Harness the menu , represented by three horizontal lines and also situated in the top left-hand corner of this display.

Once the drop-down menu appears, pick Music, Video & Books.

Pick the fireTV alternative, found inside the Video section.

A listing of the accessible Fire TV apparatus should now be exhibited, each followed by a radio button. Choose the device you would like to join with Alexa and tap CONTINUE.

A listing of your Alexa-enabled apparatus will then be displayed, each followed by a checkbox. Select one or more devices which you want to use to command the Fire TV selected in the previous step.

An updated listing of your connected apparatus will then be exhibited inside the program. From that display, you can unlink a device or connect another Fire TV into Alexa should you desire.

There are lots of useful voice controls that Alexa knows when it comes to controlling your Fire TV, such as the subsequent group which permits you to look for and play with movies and TV shows by title, genre or actor.

If your Alexa-enabled apparatus has a movie display, like the Echo Show, then you need to measure the controls under by adding the words"on Fire TV" towards the end of every. Otherwise, the film or TV series may end up playing your device rather than your tv.

View [film or TV show name ]: Launches a specific picture or series from Amazon Video or any other supported program.

Perform [film or TV show name ] on [program name]: Launches a picture or display from the program of your choice.

Perform [genre] on [program name]: indicates a listing of films and TV shows from a certain genre inside the program of your choice (i.e., Play humor on Amazon Video).

Look for [film or TV show name ] or Look for [film or TV show name ] on [program name]: Lets you locate films or displays out of one or more programs on your own Fire TV apparatus, according to name.

Prove me names with [actor/actress title ]: Returns a listing of films and shows comprising a particular actor or actress.

Locate [actor/actress title ] films on [program name]: Performs the exact same function as the preceding command, but merely shows names available within a specific app.

Once you have discovered the series or film you’d love to see, you may even control its playback by simply talking these commands in the management of your smart speaker along with alternative Alexa-enabled apparatus. In the instance of Fire TV Edition televisions, this are the TV itself.

The subsequent Alexa commands may also be utilized to control your Fire TV.

View [channel or domain ]: This control only works when running a program that supports live TV accessibility

Open [program name]: Loads the introductory details display for virtually any program now installed onto your Fire TV

Go Home: Returns to the main Fire TV Home display.

The subsequent Alexa controls are specific to Fire TV Edition Electronics only. Nearly all these already mentioned above will also operate on stated TVs.

• Switch on Fire TV
  • Switch Fire TV away
  • Turn up the volume on Fire TV
  • twist it down Fire TV
  • Mute Fire TV
  • Place the quantity to [amount ] on Fire TV

Open TV manual: This attribute only works during live TV playback, which necessitates an electronic antenna to be attached to a Amazon Fire TV Edition tv.

Change into [device/input]: Permits You to switch input stations with no remote controller.