Alexa enable everything

I’m not understanding how late additions (robot vac) and second editions (doorbell pro) aren’t Alexa enabled when you already have this capability. (Wyze started there first product/cam with Alexa, and Alexa was the first smart home.) Please make everything Alexa! (I saw a Google assistant and Apple post for their plea.) I guess I don’t have to tell the robot to go vacuum but I need to see people at my door with show and spot. I have to wait to buy all these products from you (and wonder how many more are waiting and how much money you’re missing out on) so an update on it would help.

You don’t know what you’re missing. We have our (non-Wyze) robovac live under the couch, charging. We just tell Alexa to clean the house and out it scoots to do its thing. Then we can optionally have Alexa tell it to go back home. It’s marvelous. The only downside is our brand (Ecovacs) can’t link more than one device at a time.

Agreed, full Alexa integration should be “table stakes”.

1 Like

I have a few rules setup on my Alexa.

One rule says the following:

• If a person is detected on my driveway run a custom command and Show the video feed on my Echo Show.

• If a person has been detected on my driveway wait for a minute and then run a custom command to cacnel the stream.

This has been working great for sometime now.

As for the Vacuum.

I have the Wyze Robo Vac as a device in Alexa. All I have to say is turn on the Vacuum and it starts cleaning. Then I say turn it off and it goes home. Similar to what @Customer indicated. But mine is under a bench near the front door. :slight_smile:

When I was Beta Testing the Alexa Integration with the Vac, there were more commands which I am sure will be available in the Production app. Some features are Clean a specified Room, asking it what it is doing, etc.

1 Like