Alexa as a door chime/ alarm for wyze sense?

Is there a way to use Alexa as a door chime/ Alarm? Like when a door opens it can have a chime or “back door open” Or if you have it set to bedtime or night mode., And a door opens Have it make an alarm sound? That needs to be a customizable skill In the future for sure.

4 Likes

A search in Wishlist produced this:

You can vote for it at the top-left of the topic. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would also love this skill!! I’ve been trying to see if Alexa could act like an alarm system. Even tell Alexa “Alexa, I’m leaving…” or “Alexa, arm the alarm” or “Alexa, disarm code 1234”. This could put you in the market with the DIY security systems like SimpliSafe.

1 Like

Even if they can’t get it working like that as of now. With the sense it would be cool if Alexa could sound an alarm if a door or window is opened at night if programmed to do so. Or even if we manually had to do it. It’s something.

I would love to see the door chime integration. I have this on my Z-wave door sensors and a Z-wave speaker. If I have time I will have to look at the Alexa API for announcements and see if I can play a sound.

1 Like

Sadly Alexa does not have an Announcement API, only a Notification API which does play a notification sound when it is received by Alexa but you have to ask Alexa for the full notification to get " Front Door Open".

It does look like this can be done with Google Home. (I may be ordering some Google Homes now)

I achieved this behavior but its a bit of a Rube Goldberg contraption at the moment.
I have a SmartThings Hub running WebCore and ‘Echo Speaks’.
Using IFTTT when Wyze Sense detects motion it posts a Web Request using WebHooks to the WebCore Piston. The Piston itself speaks the location of the motion on the Alexa devices I chose.

I have a similar setup for automating lights using the motion detection. Using IFTTT, when Wyze Sense detects motion it turns on a Virtual Switch in SmartThings and turns it off when Motion Stops. I have a WebCore Piston that reacts to the switch turning on/off to turn on the light on and then turn it off X amount of time after motion stops (unless it was manually turned on, in which case it remains on).

I did this last week with a Tuya compatible wifi door sensor and an Alexa routine.

Once Alexa found the door sensor in the list of smart devices, I made a new routine to have Alexa say “the door is open” when the door sensor triggers. This works completely unbidden. I didn’t think that was possible until I tried it.

1 Like

Please allow camera speakers to function as door chime for the door sensors.