"Alert Schedule - All day" not holding

I submitted a ticket for this a month ago. Finally submitted another ticket last week. Got an email that the two tickets were merged. STILL NO SOLUTION.

These cameras are useless if they’re not going to send alerts. I use to rave about the Wyze cameras. Now I’m telling folks to stay away from them.

It’s only happening on the V1 cameras. If they can’t fix the issue, they should replace them with V2 cameras.

118576 AND 118578

Word.

This is really frustrating.

Wyze: please fix!

Here’s a thought.

I swear I never had this problem until the first time I ever enabled Scheduled Alerting. It is as if once you turn it on, you’ll never get it to successfully turn off.

Which makes me wonder: what if I factory reset the camera, then NEVER enable Scheduled Alerting?

Crappy “solution,” and can’t do it remotely, but maybe a band aid until Wyze can fix this?

I’m so tired of this. If no one is going to respond I want my money back. I have to open tickets more than 2 weeks old nothing just an email saying we’ll get back to you. These cameras are useless if they only record for random hours. I am resetting them hundreds of times a day now and it doesn’t stay. I want someone to respond to us and tell us how to fix this problem.

Can others confirm that firmware 3.9.3.72 appears to fix this issue?

Firmware version 3.9.3.72
App version 1.5.44
Android 9
seem to work well on this particular case.

On the other hand, the “Turn off” feature is quite problematic:

1. You need to try several times to get it turned off. It’s just not staying off after getting out of the sub-menu to the main screen. Maybe there is no point to hide this button under the “More” button - there is enough empty space in the previous menu.
  2. After it was turned off for several hours, it suddenly turned itself on just after midnight. This is forcing us to unplug cameras physically, which beats the purpose of the button.
  3. Turning on and off using IFTTT based on location is not entirely reliable - while most of the cameras are following the command, some are randomly remaining in the previous position. This is forcing us to check each camera every single time we get in and out.
1 Like