Air Purifier Filters Sold Out...Seriuosly Wyze?!

I got my Air Purifier through the initial pre order with the Allergen filter and apparently it’s almost time to replace the filter, even though the AQI has rarely ever been over 10, most of the time it’s below 5. But I can’t order a new one because the Allergen filter is sold out. So I’m forced to order the more expensive Wildfire filter, which has a lower HEPA filtration rating. Wyze really shouldn’t have sold this product if they can’t keep the filters in stock and I’m sure there are many others besides myself that need replacement filters at this point. It’s not like these short lasting filters are inexpensive, as they are grossly overpriced for such a short life cycle. Yes, there is a small discount with the subscription plan, but it’s not much at all.

5 Likes

I agree that Wyze didnt prepare well and didn’t stock up n plenty of filters before and after initially releasing the product but we’ve been told countless times by Wyze that it’s on back order and that the units and filters will be back in stock sometime in September…

Yes I totally agree that Wyze should’ve been stocked up on filters even after selling out of the units because now a lot of users have to wait til they restock in September . Feels like wyze wasn’t prepared

But you can’t blame them , they weren’t expecting the unit to sell out as quickly as it did and unfortunately the supply chain crisis has dampened the restock of the filters and unit…

If i were you , what I’ve read up from others is that they’re just vacuuming the filters from the outside to clean it up and try and save the live of it and see if it’ll still work well. Probably won’t be as effective but I’m sure it’ll be able to expand its filter life…

Actually, I can blame Wyze because they had a low number of purifiers to sell, when they should have just pushed back the release until they could get more in stock. But there was plenty of warning about the supply chain issues, due to world events.

I did wipe the outside of the filter down, but vacuuming it just wastes a lot of energy moving allergens from one filter to another. I also know most air and water filters can go way past their recommended replacement time, so I also reset the filter monitor.

1 Like

Yes , taking the filter outside and just vacuuming it up will be able to clean it up a bit and reduce its wear and tear so it can last a bit longer

I think that will be able to help until they get beck in stock in september

I really want a unit

Same! It would be nice if they had a ‘notify me’ button.

1 Like

Wyze just cant seem to get their act together. They release the HMS security system without smoke detection and other basic features, then break the system with faulty firmware updates. Then release more products that they can’t support well. Now this? I’m glad I didn’t buy one.

3 Likes

Don’t buy it, you’ll regret the purchase. Wyze keeps screwing up the software in everything they sell. We still don’t have a fix for their cameras. They release buggy software and then take forever to fix them, if they even try to fix them. They have sloppy programmers and lazy managers.

3 Likes

Damn , really ?

Sounds like you and I both have bad experiences with Wyze :///

1 Like

A lot of people have had bad experiences with Wyze products. They have dropped the ball over the years and really have gone down hill. They are more focused on releasing new buggy products instead of focusing on good programming and customer service. They give the allusion of a low priced product but then tack on a huge shipping fee, and make Home Depot sell them at a higher price point (which basically include the shipping fee), so the price ends up being the same. And they constantly falsely advertise many of their products, and the FTC is going to hear about it shortly.

When I first heard about this company and ordered their new V2 camera I was amazed and excited for a company that would change the industry. But they ended up growing too fast and being like all the rest. Since several of their founders are Chinese they use the Chinese business model, which is to sell products at a low price, even if the quality (hardware and software), is substandard. I really wish Wyze would go back the basics because inexpensive doesn’t have to mean poor quality.

1 Like

Well, we are now in the middle of September and ALL the replacement filters are on BO. I’m really not impressed.

4 Likes

It’s 2024 and they are still out of effin stock.

1 Like

This is completely unacceptable! Wyze needs to get their act together.

I love all of my Wyze products, but I’m concerned that I asked for a Wyze Air Purifier for Christmas if their filters have been Out of Stock for almost 5 months. Are they discontinuing their Air Purifiers or are they really having this big of an issue restocking them?

Similar thread here

Oh no Wyze is still selling the Air Purifier, even enticing new buyers with a sale on it. Yet you can’t get replacement filters! They need to stop the sale the machines right away, until they can get more filters. This is beyond stupid on their part!

I couldn’t wait any longer and got mine from Amazon.

WYZE Smart Air Purifier - Standard Filter

2 Likes

I saw Wyze Canada also still had some in stock:

It seems like it’s just the Wyze Website that sells out really fast. I know after the last time they went out of stock, a bunch of people said they were going to buy in bulk and store a bunch up in their garage or storage rooms, so I’m guessing that’s why they sold out so fast in the US this time. I don’t know all the logistics involved (they probably have a minimum quantity requirement for both new batch orders, and have a maximum storage limit for them in their fulfillment warehouses so they can’t just order too many), so I’m guessing things like people buying a bunch in bulk to store up are throwing off their estimates. But since others are storing up in bulk, it might be good the next time they are in stock for some people to buy 1-2 more than you need for the next time they go out of stock.

I use the same filter for at least a year at a time, and keep 1-2 ready in a box at all times. I just vacuum mine out once in a while. So as long as they come back in stock once a year or so, I’m good.

At least they’re available on Amazon right now.

3 Likes

I keep trying to buy extra filters but they are always out of stock! Maybe Wyze needs to fire some people over this because it doesn’t take a genius to know that when you sell so many Air Purifiers that you would need so many replacement filters within a certain time period. If they can’t keep up with the filter orders then they should stop selling Air Purifiers until their filter supply catches up. What they are doing right now is just bad business and upsets customers. Because of this issue I will never buy another Wyze product the needs regular replacement parts, like filters. Why have a subscription filter plan if they are always out of stock?! Why keep selling the Air Purifiers if filters are out of stock?! This is just more proof as to why the Founders letter was so full of crap!

Yeah, one filter for $45 with Subscribe & Save or $50 to get it now. Talk about a fleecing!

1 Like