AI Vehicle and Package Notification Proposal

Using CamPlus with a V3 I had to totally shut off vehicle notifications and recordings due to getting a plethora of annoying notifications and recordings every minute or so when a friend’s vehicle was parked in my driveway.

What I propose to Wyze for fixing this: add two CamPlus user settings

• user setting: maximum vehicle notifications for same vehicle and position, allow for unlimited or none

• user setting: minimum vehicle notification time in seconds Allow for no delay

If Wyze wants to be super user friendly, add two additional user settings and adjust logic below accordingly

• user setting: maximum vehicle recordings for same vehicle and position, allow for unlimited or none

• user setting: minimum vehicle recording time in seconds Allow for no delay

Then

1. When a vehicle is found, compare it to the “prior vehicle image”

2. When the image is not the same, record and report the vehicle, reset "notification count and “notification last time in seconds”, store “prior vehicle image”

3. When the image is same or almost same:
    a. If internal “notification count” count is less than user setting: maximum vehicle notifications, and “notification last time in seconds” is greater or equal to "user setting: minimum vehicle notification time in seconds*: record and notify. Increment internal “notification count” and update “notification last time in seconds” data

My guess is this may also need to be done for packages, but likely not for people notifications. I feel this more important than facial and pet recognitions :grinning: :dog2:

Tagging: @UserCustomerGwen

Mod Note: Added AI to The Title to Enhance Search Clarity.