After seeing so many complaints, my thoughts on Wyze

Not the cards…I have tried various ones including those sold by Wyze. All exhibit the same issues. Just looking at an unused SD I have by my laptop:

Samsung 32gb Pro Endurance Micro SDHC.

Just a note, and not meant to be flippant nor demeaning in anyway, this is a community help forum. As a result, you are much more likely to see complaints and problems rather than happy customers. Most won’t post to a help site if not having any problems.
:wink:

4 Likes

a) I wasn’t sure where else to post it.
b) it might help for people to hear that not everyone’s experience has been negative.
Or they can just ignore it all together.

4 Likes

I’ve been using the cards that Wyze sells, and haven’t had any problems.

3 Likes

I guess the OP hasn’t had half of his door Sense devices brick themselves, and is not using an android phone where you get notifications about 10-15 minutes after an event unless your screen is unlocked…

1 Like

I’ve had this happen too with the sensors too! It’s been driving me nuts. The sensors have really been the worst product, by far.

Oh for Android - do you have the Wyze service running? That helped on events not arriving on time.

As the OP, I can say that if I had any door sense devices, I would have listed them and noted my experiences with them. But hey, thanks for trying.
I do use an Android device, and while I’ve been sitting here working all day, I’ve noticed that my Wyze Cam3 has alerted me pretty quickly as my dog has gone out on the patio. Oh well, huh?

I am a 97% happy WYZE user. My biggest complaint currently is the AI notifications with cam plus on the V3, People are good, vehicle notifications are non existent.

2 Likes

I use Android as well. My notifications has been quick and frequent. My sensors also work without issues. I realize everyone’s experiences have been different, but until Wyze releases a fix for the Dose issue with Android, you will continue to experience delayed when the phone is off a charger and asleep for a period of time. To rectify this on your own, you can always run the ADB command.

I agree with @Antonius with the observation on the AI notification for anything other than Person. I have gotten some package notifications, but the person detection is a lot better.

I am also pleased with what I have and using. There are issues as with all vendors products, This is not only happening with Wyze.

2 Likes

If I can quote myself from awhile back

I believe WYZE is passionate about what they are wanting to deliver to the customer. I believe they are passionate about their Mission and Vision. While things aren’t perfect (and nothing ever is), they are improving (products, growth of people, resources). That to me, is worth my business. If I ever feel as if they have left well enough alone and the passion fades, then I find the next group that is eager.

I’ve enjoyed using my WYZE products without spending a fortune (compared to other products) and assisting in working out some of the bugs with the community. My WYZE cameras have been valuable in figuring out some neighborhood issues as well assisting authorities in gathering details. My neighbors ask all about them and I say, if you just want it to work, not for you yet… but getting there and if you are ok with tinkering, then let me show you all this… Welcome to my WYZE Home. Except for flood sensors and Smart Switches :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Couldn’t agree more here. I’ve said on numerous occasions to other posts on this forum about this exact topic. If you’re going to spend $50, or complain it too so long to get a pre-ordered item, go pick a different brand/model.

There are always pros/cons to a situation, but definitely seem to have a lot of it here.

2 Likes

Notifications from my v3’s is inconsistent in general. I get some and some I don’t. The events are there just not getting notifications.

Bobfireman,

Glad to hear you have good experiences with Wyze products… I, too, am extremely pleased with what my cameras are doing for me. As one replier stated, the occasional reboots, power outages and with me the once-in-a-while “small stuff” is ok. Gives me a chance to ensure my stuff is up-to-date and running properly when I reboot…

Best wishes to all…

1 Like

Well said. I have pan cams, v2 and v3. The Nite lighting of the V3 is great. Would love to have a pan cam with the same quality lighting. Hopefully Wyze can provide one soon.

1 Like

LOVE MINE they don’t miss anything. I ordered 2… and now 10 days later I ordered 4 more.

3 Likes

My Wyze Cam2 , wyze plugs and CamPan kept ticking at the same temps here in Missouri. They never waivered, even wireless stayed up. I have a 18 x 28 covered deck, so they did not experience snow or freezing rain, just the howling wind at -17 degrees. Oh, and the pics were the same as any other day. My wireless weather station failed for a while. These are tough!!!

2 Likes

I am one of those users that is overall pleased with the Pan Cams I have. I, like a few of you do not use the cameras as my primary security system. I use them only to see what happened when my Ring alarm system notifies me. I have always been able to go back and view the video on the SD card.

On the typic of notification on Android, I have experienced lags in notification, but I found that was a problem with the version of Android I was on. My wife and I are using the same account for and she would get notifications way faster than I did. The difference was the version of Android and the cell phone model.

2 Likes

Interesting, what model and versions of the Android Phone do you use? I have a Pixel 5 with Android 11 Build RQ1D.210205.004

I use the ADB Command and my notifications are quick. I also have an iPhone and when I sit them next to each other, they notify about the same time. sometime Androud is faster than iOS and vice Versa.

What a great view. Mine would show a picture of the house across the street. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not a computer wizard at all but I did download Blue Stack and I bought another Monitor from Costco and I have sitting above my main desk top and I have a view of camera at all times when I want. Love it.
:slightly_smiling_face: