After installing 7 wyze cameras, modem started to lose broadband connection both wire and wireless

I have AT&T broadband wireless router, my connection was stable before I have these wyze cameras but after installing them, our home internet started to lose its broadband internet connection both Ethernet and wifi connection. My broadband status will suddenly disappeared, starts blinking then turns red and during that moment we losses our internet and have to wait 15-30 mins. before our internet comes running back again but then it will lose its internet connection in some point again and again and again. All of this mess started when I installed all 7 wyze cameras in my home network. Does anybody had this problem before and can you share some resolutions to this type of problem?

I ran into an issue similar to this with my Netgear R7000 router. I disconnected some devices that I didn’t really need to be on my network, such as my TV, Blu-ray player, extra smart bulbs, etc. The reason I did this is after I researched my SPECIFIC router, and found out there is a limitation to devices that can be connected to each band. I had been approaching that limitation, so my network was acting up. Once I removed the extra devices, my network became MUCH more stable.

What this boils down to is it may heavily depend on your internet service, your router and network configuration, and the number of devices your router can handle efficiently. I know my older router is starting to have issues on the 5Ghz band, and the 2.4Ghz is probably not far behind.

So, with that said, I recommend checking your router to see what it can handle. In most cases it’s not the WiFi devices themselves, but the capability of the network they’re on. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes