After App Update today+, make sure you change each Camera's Event Recording Type

It does if you want to record events as videos.

2 Likes

Events - as in what you see on the Events tab? That is not uSD card recordings.

1 Like

If you have “record on motion” set for SD, then the individual recordings ARE your “events”. Not sure what else you’d need, except perhaps a central page that indexed the SD cards from all your cameras are once. That would be nice.

My understanding is that even with just thumbnails you should be able to use them to jump to the event on the SD card timeline.

1 Like

It doesn’t allow me to change it from image to video

That’s not anything to do with SD recording. I believe that’s only about cloud recorded images or snapshots. If you have been using the Events tab then you have NEVER been seeing what’s on your SD card.

2 Likes

Mine won’t let me change back to video! Takes me straight into a Cam+ subscription offer. This pisses me off. It was recording event videos up until midnight last night and now TWO of my cams are image only and won’t allow the shift back. WTF Wyze?

3 Likes

Search for Cam Plus lite (it’s free).

1 Like

Just do it. :slight_smile:

Also, it’s not really a deadline.

Ummmm yeah - except I’ve had that all along and Wyze changed it arbitrarily and now when I go back to subscribe it tells me I’m already subscribed (No sh#t)…. But still won’t let me go further until I enter a credit card. Hmmm.

To what does it think you are already subscribed? The CamPlus Lite tier can be acquired for all cameras at $0 total and no credit card if you avoid all the guilting prompts to the contrary.

So now we no longer get videos only snap shots on events…unless we pay a subscription?

1 Like

Incorrect. You don’t have to pay. You can literally select $0 and get CamPlus Lite (terrible name) on all your cameras. This restores the 12 second clip functionality (not just thumbnails) and adds person detection.

2 Likes

I found that you need to renable them in the Account - Services section. Scroll all the way to the right and you will see Cam plus Lite. Add all camera to that plan and they will have th video option again.

1 Like

Also, if you are somehow got on the full Cam Plus trial (14 days) for a camera, there won’t even be the option to toggle image/video event recordings (well, after a few minutes*) and you will not be able to add/re-enable Cam Plus Lite either. You would have to wait until that trial runs out.

• I installed two more Wyze Flood Lights today and of course was put into the 14 day Cam Plus trial. Though I initially saw the option for event recording type, after a few minutes that option disappeared. As my other new (past) cameras’ trials ended, I could then add them to my Cam Plus Lite and also verify/change to video event recording.
1 Like

Whenever I try and switch from image to video it takes me to the Wyze pro page and if I don’t update my v1 camera to pro then It won’t record any videos on those cameras. I hope this is a bug and not a new thing because this will lose me as a customer.

Try the video and various suggestions at

are you subscribed to Cam Plus Lite (even set to $0.00) for that/those camera(s)?

If the cloud is so expensive why not just store the 12s video clips along with continuous video to the SD card, allow us to setup a certain amount of storage on the SD card for detection videos and the balance for live continuous video it would then be our responsibility to keep the storage area cleaned up or an option to allow the 12s video clips to over write older clips like the continuous video does.

Then save the cloud for the customers who are willing to pay for it? What am I missing?

2 Likes

Hi, ran across your post today. I have 6 Wyze cams, 1-1, 2-v2, & 3-v3. one of my V3s has no event video recording. I checked my account settings as per Wyze and all but one are on the Cam Plus Light (except V1 cam of course). I get the message: “Recording Type must be set to Video before you can enable Person Detection.” This message is only on the cam that does not have any video associated with it other than getting “Events Notification” that there are. Also no thumbnail to view like all the other events from the other cams. I have performed a complete reset of this cam as per Wyze support to no avial. Any Ideas?

1 Like