Adjustable auto night vision sensitivity

Please add a setting to allow setting the light sensitivity for transitioning into night mode. All of my cameras constantly “click” while trying to decide if there is enough light to stay in day mode. If there were a setting we could adjust the sensitivity then the cameras wouldn’t consistently toggle the IR filter at dusk and dawn. I’ve had to turn on constant night mode on one of them because it bothers my wife while trying to sleep.

Any word on this? Surprised a couple of my cameras still work with the night vision lens flipping back and forth for hours at a time occasionally. Would be nice to get some insight on this issue and any potential resolution.

Three weeks ago @ArthurH said they started working on this again (they thought it had been resolved, but @UserCustomerGwen brought them back into the conversation). 10 days ago they released a new test firmware, but that failed:

3 Likes

Hi there. The first version of test firmware did not work well. We are working on other fixes to the issue.
Features like opening the sensitivity setting for night vision, or to create scheduling for day/night mode change, are in discussion. I will post the updates when available. Thank you.

4 Likes

Here’s my video for analysis. It is an IR emitter reflecting off of rain wetted, normally not that low, leaves, in view. Clicked on and off like that for hours. This sensitivity seems like it could be adjusted.

1 Like

So, I have indoor infrared on for night, the only issue is that during dim times, or cloudy, it clicks back and forth, on and off constantly. Is it possible to allow adjustment of the darkness sensitivity so it only triggers when it is truly dark?

I’d like to see the frame rate be adjustable, or sell a better camera, or record at higher data rates than is transmitted, give us better quality.

Any updates on the ability to adjust night vision sensitivity?

One of my cameras points into a room where the lights are on a dimmer. When we lower the lights, the camera keeps flipping back and forth between modes - very annoying, especially with the audible click every time.

Welcome to the community, @dayta01. If the status tag changes from “maybe-later” to “researching”, then that means it is on Wyze’s radar. :slight_smile:

Posted this to tech support and they suggested here is better:

Hi, less of a question and more of a suggestion. I’ve been noticing that at certain times/low light levels the camera goes crazy trying to decide between regular and night mode. And it goes back and forth and makes a loud clicking sound (which makes it less than inconspicuous), until the light levels change.
We need a way to adjust the light sensitivity for people’s different “thresholds” ; so when I do have just a table lamp on it doesn’t do this.
Thanks for considering it in the next update!

Selecting night vision.

It would be helpful if you could select the night vision setting you want when creating a scheduled program.

Outdoor lights (street light, lawn pole light, etc) are adversely affecting the quality of videos when night vision is set on “auto”. I have to manually change the setting to “on” at night then manually turn night vision off in the morning. Being able to program this setting for scheduled recordings would be a big help.

You’re absolutely right. This could be simple software fix where the thresholds to automatically switch on and off the night vision mode were set a little further apart than they currently are (or, optimally, allow us to select these thresholds ourselves, as two separate values rather than a single “sensitivity” value).

I’m really interested in seeing how a V3 does. The V3 is so sensitive to normal light that in some cases you may never switch to IR night vision!

I plan to replace all my critical night cams with V3s. :slight_smile:

An example of the higher color sensitivity of the camera is here:

The problem is that I need a V3 Pan, because the standard V3 is static. That said, I do have a couple of places where panning is not necessary, so perhaps I can buy a V3 for those rooms and move the Pans elsewhere.

Yes, I will be rotating some cams too. Also, the V2 had a 110 degree field of view. The V3 has a 130 degree FOV, so it can actually see more than the V2 did. Might help in some areas where you only panned a bit, anyway.

I’ve replaced all my critical night vision pan cams with Eufy pan cams and never looked back. Did a side by side comparison initially because I didn’t trust them. Trust them now.

Eufy is cool, but does Eufy have the super-sweet V3 starlight sensors? Or work outdoors? Or have multi-wavelength IR lights? Or cost $25? The starlight sensors alone made me immediately replace all my V2s with V3s in critical nighttime applications. Take a look at the very cool difference (also the V3 may never need to switch to night vision, depending on your circumstance.) Be sure to click again on the pic to get it to go max size!:

Done buying wyze. They’re saturating the market with too many things. They think people will remain brand dependent but the minute people look elsewhere, they realize there’s something better for barely any more money. Wyze is purely a disposable product. Great initially, when it works, but the minute there’s comparable competition, they lose.

That’s the silliest argument I’ve ever heard of something… Volkswagen offers too many different cars… Boy I wish Google will just focus on search… Why doesn’t Amazon just stick with books…

Missed the point. So if Volkswagon made skateboards, all Volkswagon purists must buy them? Obviously not their area of expertise. If Google directly started selling sailboats all Google purists must buy them? You could be the first on your block with a Google sailboat. If Amazon started selling their own brand of cars, all Amazon purists must buy them? Again, wyze has offered a wide, seemingly unrelated, variety of plainly disposable products. Apparently their business model is directed by a wind sock. If this perspective is too complex for you I understand completely. Not everybody drinks the kool aid.