Additional PINs for home monitoring system

Please allow for multiple PINs for the home monitoring system. It’s helpful to be able to create different PINs for different guests, both so I know who unlocked the system and so that guest doesn’t have to remember a random number. It would also be great to be able to set temporary PINs for a pet sitter, etc. Thank you.

I just set up the system today and I was having the same conversation with my wife.

4 Likes

Hi, regarding the additional PINs, did you get any response from Wyze if this available or will be available in the near future. Also, I’m assuming you are already a Wyze Home Monitoring users, I’m about to purchase one for myself. I’m switching from ADT to Wyze but I have a few unanswered questions. One of which is, does it chimes or announced which door was opened or closed? This way I would know in case I don’t have my phone with me. Also, does it notify you if a door or window is still open in case you forgot to close it? Would appreciate any inputs you may have. Thank you very much

3 Likes

There needs to be multiple pin numbers for the home monitoring system so that multiple users(family members) can have there own unique number. Doing so will help know who has entered and exited along with suspending or catching unwanted or limited time user. Ex: HVAC, Plumber, Repair man can have a temp code that can be deleted or changed.

8 Likes

Just installing the Wyze system hoping to replace our simplis*fe at work.

Would be really useful to have the option for more than 1 disarm PPIN, for different family member/employees. Right now the system only allows for one. Given, I could look at the camera to see who turned alarm off but a log would be pretty useful.

Also to have a secondary or more contacts for alarm triggers.

5 Likes

Multiple pins would be super useful, especially if we could make temporary pins. I live in an apartment and it would be nice to give the maintenance department a different pin that I can take off after a work order is finished. Would also help track who is coming and going at what time.

9 Likes

I came from SimpliSafe as well and I’m not as impressed with Wyze. I hope they can offer basically the safe stuff as SimpliSafe or I will consider switching back :(.

3 Likes

Need to support multiple pins for audit who arms and disarms alarm!
Wyze when will this be active?

6 Likes

I actually didn’t turn of my SimpliSafe system and glad I didn’t The multiple user option is pretty important to know who goes in and out of a property

2 Likes

This is the need to see when family members come home and for the need for people who resides in apartment complex know when their building management enters their apartment

3 Likes

There is already another wish list item for this:

4 Likes

Correct-and thanks. For some reason I blanked on searching for PIN’s instead of/in addition to passwords.
Thanks for helping keep the Forum better organized!

4 Likes

I have neighbors who will be watching my dog when I am gone. I wish there was an option to set a “guest pin” so I don’t have to give them mine or change it.

3 Likes

Is there any possible way I can add 2 pin codes for the alarm instead of just 1. I need an extra code for my dog sitter :weary::weary::weary::weary:

3 Likes

I’m wondering about the timeline is on adding shared app access for family members. I came from a company that had this as a default feature and it’s really inconvenient not to have that anymore. I’m referring to other family members’ ability to arm/disarm the system from the app. Thanks.

1 Like

That is correct! It would be nice to have 2 or more pins for access.

3 Likes

Absolutely support the provision of 2ndary PINs for guests, trusted contractors, etc., with notification in the app as to which PIN has been used for mode changes (Disarm->HOME/AWAY or vice versa.)

4 Likes

We also need several PINs-dog sitters, kids, etc. Everyone can’t remember my code and it would be nice to be able to see what code was used and when.

3 Likes

Multiple pins, temporary pins, one time pin are needed. I think they should allow 6 digit pins for greater security

3 Likes

I have spent 5 months or so with no ability to use Wyze Monitoring because it doesn’t have basics like this. If a bug guy comes to the house, or cleaners, or even my family, we’re all supposed to really on one PIN? That’s not secure at all. Please prioritize this. I spend extra with CPI every month because of this.

5 Likes