Adding WOC to new base station

I have two base stations and 6 WOCs. One base station has 4 WOCs, and they are all listed under Base Station 1. The next two WOCs are connected to Base Station 2 and are listed under Base Station 2 and also with all the other Wyze devices.

Deleting one of the WOCs from the main list of devices also removed it from the list of WOCs connected to Base Station 2.

There is no setting where I can select which cameras go where for the Base Stations like with the other camera groups.

Any way to remove the second set of WOCs from the main list of Wyze products and have them only show under the list of WOCs connected to Base Station 2?

Are you just removing the camera from the camera group? Or removing the camera as a device from the app?

Think of each base station as a different wifi connection point. You can’t move WCOs from connecting from one base to another like you would be able to remove it from a display group and add to another display group. You’d have to sync or add the wco to the other base by doing a camera setup again, just choose the other base station during the setup if I am understanding the question correct.

2 Likes

I am removing it from the list of devices on the main page of the app because it is also listed under the cams connected to Base Station 2. Doing that also removes it from the list of WOCs connected to Base Station 2.

Here is the main page of the Wyze app showing WOC5 and WOC6 and a few other cameras including a v3 a neighbor across the street shared with me.

Here is the list of WOCs connected to Base Station 2

The 4 WOCs connected to Base Station 1 are only shown on the list of WOCs connected to Base Station 1 and are not on the list of devices on the main page of the app.

It isn’t fun having OCPD This might not bother most “normal” people.

1 Like

The main page lists all devices that are not part of a group. If you have a WCO listed both on the main page, as well as in a group, then that appears to be a glitch.

By removing it from the main page, you are removing it as a connected device.

I would have deleted the group, then set it back up again. Sounds like you have to first add the WCO back.

1 Like

@isaiah58 is on the right track, are the wco1 thru 4 in a camera group somewhere? Or farther down the main page?

@Omgitstony

WOC 1-4 are not on the main page. They are grouped together under Base Station 1.

The lightbulb just went from off to dim. Before I added the 5th WOC to the second base station I tried adding it to the existing 4 on Base Station 1 knowing it wouldn’t work but I am stubborn and need things proven to me. That is why I did terrible in Geometry (D+). Perhaps when I tried adding the 5th camera it got hosed. Will remove both 5 and 6 and start over. :pray:

The list of WCOs within a base station is a device list, not a display group. These are seperate. Having a wco listed under a base station is showing that it’s installed on said base station. The WCO should now also have another entry of its own on the main home page, this view can be grouped with other cameras. My WCOs are all connected to one of my base stations, and the associated views are grouped under a camera group
, See below.

Your WCO 1 thru 4 should have a thumbnail somewhere on your home page outside of the base station connection list,. They may be grouped together in display group.

Going into the “base station” and removing or deleting a wco is the same as going into your doorbell settings and removing or deleting it. Both actions remove the device from your account.

The reason WOC 1-4 were not on the main list of devices is because they are already in a list called Birds and Mailbox.

:grimacing:

Thanks for the help. Once I created a camera group for WOC 5 and 6, everything went into place.

Glad they were found and it got worked out! :slight_smile: