Adding new base station

I just bought a 2nd base station and the solid blue light comes on but it won’t proceed in the app allowing me to finish the install. I emailed support at Wyze and did all the troubleshooting steps but he said that it was probably defective. I needed this sooner so I had ordered this one from Amazon. Received the 2nd new one today. Same issue. I thought maybe it was the Ethernet cord so I unplugged my first base station that I know was working and plugged the new one in. That didn’t work. When I plugged the original base station back it will no longer work. Any thoughts from the forum?

Update: the original station is working again. It took awhile but finally worked. Still can’t complete install of new base. Screenshot attached. Won’t go any further.

Power cycle your router,sign out of the app then back in

I’ve done both of those options twice. Any other ideas?

Is your phone/device with the app on the same 2.4 GHz network as you have the base connected to via ethernet?

Yes. Using to lower. Not 5G.

Did you check you phone to be sure in the wi=fi settings. this is my 2.4

Step one of directions.

It’s been awhile since I’ve set up a base station, I can’t remember if it is applicable or not but at least with the original plugs you had to disable your mobile data before going through the setup process. I don’t recall if you have to do that with the base station or not but give it a shot, it can’t negatively affect the setup process

I am NOT on 5G and triple checked x10. I did notice in WIFI networks available this WYZE network. Should I do something with this?

Is your 5G a different SSID than the 2.4? Also try another device to set up the new hub c

Where do I find the SSID? What other option to install the base station?

There should be a sticker on the router it may be one SSID for both the 2.4 and 5.0 networks. If it is a a router provided by your provider find the paperwork or call them and ask. Did your read the directions?