Add support for microSD cards larger than 32GB

maybe-later

I would like to use a larger microSD card that the current limited 32GB supported size. I’ve heard it can be done, but isn’t supported. Why can’t we get this supported?

I have been using two cameras with 64GB microSD cards without any problems.

4 Likes

Maybe using a 64 GB Card is the answer to SD cards being corrupted when they near capacity.

1 Like

Brand and type that are working?

1 Like

I’ve been using the 64GB Sandisk that Costco.ca sells for about $20 with no issues.
I do Continuous Recording, it holds around 10days. I’ve formatted it with the the Wyzecam. Currently it shows the size as 59.45 GB. It’s not a endurance card, so we’ll see how long it lasts, but its been in their for 6-months so far (Wyzecam v2).

2 Likes

I pretty much use the Samsung cards as they are almost always the least expensive and have worked flawlessly in the Wyze cams as well as everything else I throw them at (Raspberry Pi, Android phones/tablets, Windows tablets - you name it). Rock solid. And less than $13.

4 Likes

Large SD card support would be great. This may be a licensing issue with Microsoft which owns the exFAT format. This would increase costs. If the captured videos could be offloaded automatically to a personal cloud storage or NAS, this need may be negated.

Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB micro SD card working great. Just format using the app and then reboot camera.

5 Likes

I’m currently using a 128GB SP Elite allocation size 4096. I’m almost at 14 days HQ footage with .8GB remaining.

I too would like to see SD card sizes larger then 32GB expressly supported.

The card I am using is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX29S9Q
Delivered Apr 1, 2019

Package was left inside the residence’s mailbox

|90x60

Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME64GA/AM)

SAMSUNG

Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc

Return window closed on May 1, 2019

$11.99

I second this. Using 2 - 128GB Cards, and 4 - 64 GB cards. Then 2 cams with the official Wyze 32 GB cards. All of them have been perfect and no issues.