Add same device to multiple groups

You have my vote!

2 Likes

Mine too. I can think of many uses for that feature.

1 Like

Also, don’t delete the camera from the main selection list when it is added to a group. Could create a group containing just one camera, but that would be just extra work.

6 Likes

Letting the same camera be in multiple camera group.

4 Likes

Yup, very valid point. I posted about this yesterday as well. Creating of a Group should not “override” the “base” thumbnail access to each camera.

3 Likes

@TheronSJ, @Wellcraft19
Vote for that here in a separate post.

2 Likes

Would like this feature.

1 Like

When I updated the app I created to group with cameras in the front of the house and one with cameras in the back of the house. When I went to make a group with all of my cameras I realized that you can only put a camera in one group. It would be nice to be able to put cameras in multiple groups.

4 Likes

How do I make group of multiple cameras?

See “Grouping” under this Support article. :slight_smile:
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022543292-Wyze-Cam-User-s-Guide

1 Like

now that we have grouping in the official non beta app I too noticed that it would be very beneficial to have a camera in more than one group. Specifically there are times during the day that I don’t need to see live feed of one or more cameras but now I’m required to remove and re-add them to see the group how I want to see them.

Did you see my reply just above your comment? It addresses what you mention. It’s sometimes helpful to peruse a thread before commenting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did read your post above mine in addition to all the others on this thread. I actually searched for this thread to see if someone posted a wishlist for adding camera #1 to group #1 and then adding camera #1 to a new group #2. In the user guide it doesn’t mention that this is possible. Am I not seeing something here? When creating a new group cameras already added to an existing group are grayed out.

2 Likes

My apologies. It sounded to me like you were asking how to use the cameras individually. I see now you are just wanting the same thing as the OP. Have you voted for this topic at the top-left? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

no problem. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. Yes I voted. Thanks for your response. Cheers!!

3 Likes

it would be nice to create groups with the same camera in each group. ex camera #1 to group #1 and then adding camera #1 to a group #2 and group #3. I would like to be able to look at all my interior cameras at the same time and sometimes just the baby’s room with out having to add/remove the baby’s room camera each time I just want to monitor that room. I know there are other posts similar to this one but its not explained until further down in the replies.

1 Like

Yes, this is a feature I’d like to see. It would be great if we could group cameras to 2 + groups so we can focus on the cameras we want to stream simultaneously.

Most importantly, I would be able to use more advanced shortcuts based on day, time, location (ITFFF), and motion sense, triggering specific camera groups.

Thanks in advance.

Jennifer

1 Like

Now have six V2 cams - thank you for the Group feature! I just voted to have several groups share the same cams.

I would like to emulate my alarm system that has three basic modes: ‘Home’ (no armed zones), ‘Sleep’ (all zones armed except bedroom and adjacent office), and ‘Away’ (all zones armed). Using your group shortcut feature would allow the same setup if I could create 2 groups - 1 group with all cams except my office (the equivalent of ‘Sleep’) and the second group with all cams (the equivalent of ‘Away’).

In the meantime, I have created a set of shortcuts for 1 group of 5 cams and another set for the ‘office’ only. This means when I leave the house, I have to activate 2 shortcuts and de-activate 2 shortcuts when I come home. At least I can do this as Wyze allows multiple shortcuts - great.

Alternative: allow shortcuts to ‘nest’. In other words. I could add an action to my existing 5 cam group shortcut to not only activate motion detection and notifications but ALSO activate my existing ‘office’ shortcut to do the same thing at the same time (the equivalent of ‘Away’ in my alarm system).

1 Like

I’m so glad this is already on the wishlist. I logged in tonight with the sole purpose of adding it if it wasn’t on here. This is much needed!

I only have a few camera’s but plan to add several more, and my sister shares her’s with me, so I have several groupings I can envision, but need the ability to add a specific camera to more than one group!

GOT MY VOTE!!

Please don’t let this die, this would a very useful feature.