Add same camera to multiple groups

maybe-later

Can we add the option to add the same camera to multiple groups? I noticed a lot of people requesting this feature when grouping was still in beta.

0 Likes

Simultaneous Streaming (Multi-camera viewing)

You have my vote!

1 Like

Mine too. I can think of many uses for that feature.

0 Likes

Also, don’t delete the camera from the main selection list when it is added to a group. Could create a group containing just one camera, but that would be just extra work.

3 Likes

Letting the same camera be in multiple camera group.

0 Likes

Yup, very valid point. I posted about this yesterday as well. Creating of a Group should not “override” the “base” thumbnail access to each camera.

1 Like

@TheronSJ, @Wellcraft19
Vote for that here in a separate post.

2 Likes

Would like this feature.

0 Likes

When I updated the app I created to group with cameras in the front of the house and one with cameras in the back of the house. When I went to make a group with all of my cameras I realized that you can only put a camera in one group. It would be nice to be able to put cameras in multiple groups.

1 Like

How do I make group of multiple cameras?

0 Likes

See “Grouping” under this Support article. :slight_smile:

1 Like

now that we have grouping in the official non beta app I too noticed that it would be very beneficial to have a camera in more than one group. Specifically there are times during the day that I don’t need to see live feed of one or more cameras but now I’m required to remove and re-add them to see the group how I want to see them.

0 Likes

Did you see my reply just above your comment? It addresses what you mention. It’s sometimes helpful to peruse a thread before commenting. :slight_smile:

1 Like