Add more tags for video samples for AI algorithm training

The Wyze Cam3 app is always asking for me to submit videos to improve its AI processing. But I’m always tagging the submission with “Nothing” because none of the other selections makes sense. There should be more choices so that the AI system can learn from our tagging the videos we submit, e.g., “bugs”, “animal”, “fox”, “cat”, “dog”, etc. The system could even allow us to enter plain text options. For example I find spiders webs often confuse the system, but have a recognizable characteristic, but I can’t tag my inputs when I see this.

Mod Note: Title Edited to Enhance Search Clarity.

I figure they’re giving us the tags that they can use with their AI system. Some reasonable forward thinking makes sense here. And if I was Wyze, I’d just be really interested in what gets tagged.

1 Like

I’m using my Wyze Cam Outdoor as a bird cam on my birdfeeder. I have the option to select what was seen to help train the AI but BIRDS is not an option. The birdsy.com camera used AI to even categorize videos by the breed of bird found. It would be great if the Wyze Cam AI offered the same capability, but for now, just adding “BIRD” as an AI category would be a nice start in that direction.

3 Likes

Insects!!! They are attracted to the IR lights on the cameras, and they like the high corners where I mount my cameras.

3 Likes

Also, why is “package” even a thing? A “person” in a “vehicle” delivers all my packages. At no time has a package ever walked, rolled, flown, or skipped up to my porch lol

3 Likes

Please add “Insects” as a choice for “Select all that apply”, in the video feedback screen. Or perhaps even better, add an “Other” option with room for a short explanation. Currently, I choose “Nothing” if an insect triggers my cam but it is really incorrect. My cam is a V2. Thanks.

2 Likes

I get a lot of person+vehicles notifications. I only get a few person+vehicle+package notifications. lol

1 Like

Some days I get a lot of false notifications for shadows on my cam v3. I would like to send AI Tags feedback that it is a shadow. Right now I have to mark my feedback as “Nothing” which feels wrong because it is a shadow. I would think that marking it as a shadow might help the AI recognize shadows better in the future.

As a side note, I have to say that I love having the option to send feedback for a video that the AI gets wrong. But also when the AI nails it when I would have thought it would fail. It’s nice to know that I might be helping the service get better!

1 Like

Video Sharing for AI Improvements

When I am offered the option to share a video from my doorbell with Wyze under triggered events (in order to help improve AI), there only are a finite number of pre-selected items. I often experience snow/rain trigger notifications, as well as the shadow of a wind spinner on sunny days this time of year triggering a notification. During the summer my wife has plants on our front porch that when it is windy moves the stems around that cause a trigger notification. In order to REALLY improve AI, shouldn’t you also offer a fill-in-the-blank for such other events that cause “false” trigger notifications?

1 Like

Could use an “Animal” category. I keep getting pets and person for raccoons, possums, foxes, and even hummingbirds.

1 Like

Allow suggestions for AI detection

When a camera detects something, I’m given a list of possible items. However often the thing that was detected isn’t on the list. I’d like to be able to say what it was.

1 Like

Fill-in-the-blank option for tagging Cam Plus AI video events

When viewing a video event, there is often an option at the bottom of the screen to “Help us improve AI by sharing this one video with Wyze”.

When selected, you are presented with multiple-choice options to identify what the video was.

Suggestion: Add a fill-in-the-blank option for situations for when none of the presented options are applicable (let the user type in something that is not an existing option).

2 Likes