Add More IFTTT Triggers and Actions

I have successfully added the Wyze Doorbell button push to IFTTT (eWelink, cost involved to add eWelink of $9 per year to IFTTT need Pro+ $120 per year). I have also added a filter so it will only open the gate between the hours of 8am and 8pm. (This is the older doorbell unit, not the Pro unit).

If you (Wyze) added Detection Zone, IFTTT support for Doorbell Pro, and Cam Plus Proā€¦ youā€™d get my $$$ yearly.

Sorry if this is a duplicate request, but the ability to enable and disable Sun Match would be amazing. Even if it were in the Wyze app it would be nice. The inability to automatically enable this feature on color changing bulbs is a constant frustration.

1 Like

This is whatā€™s holding me back as well. Sorely needed.

Is there a plan to add pet detection as an IFTTT trigger? This would be a huge benefit. Right now, I have to rig tasker app to run actions based on notifications I get and itā€™s really not very seamless.

2 Likes

As others have noted, I would prioritize adding a ā€˜person detectedā€™ trigger for emails. I get far too many unimportant ā€˜motion detectedā€™ events from clouds, sunrise, sunset, etc on my pancam. Thank you!

I wish the camera and lights can be grouped in IFTTT, or at least use the groups already set up in the Wyze app

I have an office that is very close to my house.
I would like to:

1. Turn off notifications for cameras at my house when I am home.
  2. Turn off notifications for cameras at my office when I am at the office.
  3. Turn on notifications for cameras at my house when I leave the house.
  4. Turn on notifications for cameras at my office when I leave the office.

Because of the close proximity of the buildings, I cannot use the location feature. However, I could setup each wifi network with a different name. IFTTT already has the widget to detect the wifi name you are connected to, so I want to be able to turn on/off notifications for specific cameras based on another criteria.

2 Likes

I agree with you.

It would love to be able to turn off notifications per camera.

With this feature through IFTTT it would be perfect.

I am surprised it has not been added a long time ago

2 Likes

Thanks @smart. I looked through the comments last night and there are probably 40-50 people minimum that are looking for this feature. How do we attract the attention of the Wyze developers to work on this???

I would love the have some of these work natively in the app but if IFTTT can do it then im good with that.

1 Like

Can we get the camerea on/off added as a trigger in IFTTT please?

1 Like

Garage Door Controller - Add IFTTT integration

I know Alexa and Google are planned, but please also add IFTTT to be able to build actions and logs into applets. I currently use MyQ with IFTTT to close the door for certain triggers as well as Iā€™m able to log my door activit and Iā€™d love to swap that all out for the GDC.

Iā€™m really hoping this gets some love as well. I would rather not have the backyard cam sending notifications all day long. I would love to be able to use IFTTT to en/disable the notifications of a single cam to facilitate this.

Just an FYI, in case you did not know.

You can use Scheduled Rules to turn Notifications Off during a certain period of time and on during another. You would use the action ā€œTurn Off Notificationsā€ or ā€œTurn On Notificationsā€

Thanks for that! I did take a look and it will definitely work for arming/disarming at sun up/down. Now if only there was a way to do this when I set Alexa Guard on/off.

To be honest, Iā€™m very confused as to why Wyze allows you to turn off the motion detection of the event recording via IFTTT, but not the notifications. Why would you want to be notified if you donā€™t even get a recording of it? :man_shrugging:

Iā€™m not sure if this was already mentioned, but it would be great to have the following use case supported with IFTTT.

If, the Security System is set to Away mode (Feature request)
then, set the thermostat to X temperature. (already supported with Nest and others)

1 Like

This is funny! May I suggest, however, it may not deliver long lasting peace between you?

any updates on this. it has been 4 years. @UserCustomerGwen

is any work happening? if not should this thread be closed? thanks

not quite the same, but i recently discovered that you can use a wyze window sensor as a trigger for an alexa routine (through the alexa app, not IFTT). this actually enables the scenario i needed, so iā€™m pretty happy.