Add More IFTTT Triggers and Actions

I once subscribed to that thread out of curiosity owning Wyze products and being an IFTTT user.
I don’t buy Wyze products anymore (being in France is complicated anyway) but I’ve had Wyze cameras, sensors and bulbs for a while.
I’m satisfied with the cameras but contact sensors have been rather unreliable, when they don’t simply die. (bulbs have always been a pain to pair as well although it got better overtime)
Wyze in IFTTT have always been minimal if I recall and if I trust people complaining/asking for features on that thread.
I’ve never used IFTTT much, not flexible enough in term of conditions. Plus they switched to a paid plan… (Stringify was a little better but they closed)
I jumped on the Home Assistant wagon last year and it’s pretty addictive.
It’s not the ideal solution (none is) and requires quite a lot of tinkering sometimes but it’s very satisfying and powerful in terms of routines (and it’s free).
Too bad Wyze products don’t integrate easily in there. You need to rely on third-party integrations that depends on Wyze API and sometimes have breaking changes :tired_face:
There are cheap alternatives to Wyze (Aqara for sensors for instance) that work just fine and integrate better in HA.
Now I choose my products (Zigbee lately) according to their HA compatibility and the feedback from the HA community therefore I tend to minimize the frustration when using my smarthome :wink:

Add #IFTTT support and functionality (triggers and actions) to all of your devices, products, and services.

As of 2021 June, only these products integrate with #IFTTT (https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=ifttt):

• WYZE Cam
  • WYZE Cam v2
  • WYZE Cam v3
  • WYZE Cam Pan
  • WYZE Bulb
  • WYZE Plug
  • WYZE Home Monitoring Service

Top Requested Products to have IFTTT support are (in order):

• WYZE Video Doorbell and Chime
  • WYZE Lock
  • WYZE Cam Outdoor
  • WYZE Night Light
  • WYZE Robot Vacuum
  • WYZE Watch
3 Likes

I would like to see IFTTT support for the thermostat

1 Like

Is the Contact Sensor integration supposed to work? I am trying to add an IFTT but it doesn’t list any of my contact sensors,

Hi,

The “Pet Detection” feature seems to be working pretty well, but for it to have use, it needs to be linked to an IFTTT trigger.

Could a pet detection trigger be added to IFTTT?

Thanks!

Please add system status/modes to options available in IFTTT. I’m unable to set up a routine that sets my system to arm or disarm. This is a basic function that should have been implemented with the product launching!

Add irrigation! I have a pesky neighbor who I want to spray when she comes in my yard… detect motion, turn on irrigation zone …

1 Like

I’d appreciate an IFTTT action to enable/disable wyze robot vacuum scheduled cleanings, so I could stop the vacuum from running when I’m not home. I have pets, and if they have an…incident while I’m gone overnight or for a day, it could mean disaster.

+1 vote for this one. I want my Wyze cam to continue recording motion, but not notify of it, under certain conditions.

2 Likes

PLS add person detection to IFTTT Wyze this is a must especially for google home users @WyzeTeam

2 Likes

Surprised to see that IFTTT integrations doesn’t support doorbell press even.

My In-Laws are deaf so I am trying the flash lights in various rooms when the doorbell is pressed but there is no trigger.

Hubitat integrations would be the very best solution but being IFTT already exosts, this would be a great thing to have.

Exactly this is a must and needs to be supported. Making me wish I picked up a nest doorbell instead.

I’d like to trigger Wyze plugs, bulbs, and other things such as sirens in the event of a break in, and seeing how there is limited options in the app, this could really come in handy.

1 Like

I bought the robot with the plan of using IFTTT for this exact reason and cant believe that its not available. Please add.

Expose Wyze Lock to IFTTT for status of Door Open/Closed, Door Locked/Unlocked and be able to lock door with IFTTT. This would allow Lock to trigger other actions like turning on lights, sending messages etc.

1 Like

I have a Wyze Doorbell (among other items) and want to connect my ewelink (Sonoff switch) gate opener to activate the gate between the hours of 8am and 8pm. PLEASE add Wyze Doorbell to IF THIS THEN THAT!

1 Like

EDIT!!! It seems wyze has quietly updated IFTTT and added doorbell pressed and more motion sensor options!!!

5 Likes

Hello, I see that only Motion detection trigger is available. I’m suscribed to Cam Plus and need very much to have a Person detection trigger to activate my alarm siren with IFTTT.
Do you have any option for this or any future plans and schedule to implement it?
Thanks in advance.
Alex

[Mod Edit]: Post was moved to this topic for consistency in grouping posts in similar topics.

4 Likes

Welcome alexuy. Please scroll up to the top and read the 1st post. And don’t forget to click the VOTE button. :+1:

IFTTT Trigger when water is detected, Push SMS notification