Add More IFTTT Triggers and Actions

This worked perfectly! I was able to follow the same process for contact sensors as well. Thank you!
Unfortunately this is not a long term solution as I will run out of outlets if I connect multiple locks and contact sensors to get the notifications I want. So I will either have to switch device brands for sensors or hope Wyze has a smart power strip soon.

With the new paywall at IFTTT on custom rules, looks like this request is more relevant now. We need some new rules to use.

1 Like

I would love to see more complex ā€œactionsā€ like the op listed!!

For me specifically I would love to be able to create a rule with a device trigger of ā€œsound detectedā€ which would then initiate a pan scan with motion detection. Once motion stopped or if none was detected I would like for the camera to return to a set position (ie. my front door)

Please add alternatives to IFTTT for automated smartphone controls. They changed to a freemium model, and their free tier is basically nonexistent. Their customer and tech support is awful as well. Maybe a guide to use Tasker and/or another Android alternative to IFTTT, and Shortcuts for iOS would work. (I only use Android, but donā€™t think anyone should be left out.)

IFTTTā€™s location trigger broke a couple years ago, so I have to use Life360 to make it work with Wyze (turn cameras on when I leave home, off when I return). The IFTTT team ignored my support ticket to address that issue. Now IFTTT wonā€™t let me create more than 1 applet on the free tier, despite a purported limit of 3. IFTTT has basically become useless. And their full price of $10 per month is absurd ā€“ even their $1.99 and up set your own price promo is expensive for a broken product with poor support.

So Iā€™d really appreciate if Wyze could look into supporting other smartphone automation apps and/or maybe building some basic automations into Wyze, such as a location trigger and maybe one that turns the cameras on/off when connected to certain wifi networks.

Thanks!

1 Like

Since IFTTT just annihilated their free tier, itā€™s well past time for Wyze to have good built-in automations

2 Likes

Moderators,
Could you please consider a new thread to specifically request alternatives to IFTTT for smartphone automation? With IFTTTā€™s new freemium model, and the crippled free tier, they are no longer a good option for many Wyze users.

On one hand, it would help if the Wyze team could develop IFTTT applets including location triggers, so people on the IFTTT free tier can use them without going against the 3 custom applet limit.

But at this point it would be best to consider options outside of IFTTT ā€“ either more automation apps, or just building in triggers to the Wyze app itself.

At any rate, my ā€œwishā€ was not for more IFTTT triggers and actions, but for a way to automate Wyze on a smartphone without having to rely on IFTTT.

4 Likes

I have no problem paying a small usage fee to IFTTTā€¦ I have too much invested in it at this point (Iā€™ve used since late 2014).

Iā€™d like to see an action that can either be applied to a root group or selectable cameras. As-is you have to do a new rule for each camera for a ā€œTurn On/Off device actionā€

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to see the Wyze Lock added to IFTTT skills

Thanks!

4 Likes

Agreed. Specifically, Iā€™d like my Wyze lock to lock when MyQ garage door closes so that I can leave and make sure both doors close.

1 Like

Please add person detected as a trigger as well as the new detections coming.

2 Likes

Person and others AI detection trigger are a must have feature to work with IFTTT also a way to program that over the day (enable time frames or intervals for ON/OFF. I have used ifttt with wyze to trigger a blinking smart light if wyze detect movement BUT it cannot differentiate a bug from changing lights/shadows or other things. To make this useful should be allow what movements to choose from. Also I would like to send me notifications but would be great to add a picture in the body of the email.

I wanted this too, and agree is seems like very glaring missing functionality. This is one of the main reasons I stopped buying Wyze products. Go vote for the Developer API or SmartThings Integrationā€¦ or both. Although Iā€™m not sure how much the voting actually matters for anything. Wyze has very limited functionality and without any kind of outside access or API control, they are very limited in the customization options to what they expose in the app. I donā€™t use IFTTT as Iā€™ve always thought it was pretty terrible so not sure if thereā€™s some other work around there, but I donā€™t think there is.

Please add IFTTT support for wyze lock. I donā€™t get why this doesnā€™t exist. It only cost s wyze a one time fee of 200 dollars to IFTTT.

2 Likes

I second the request for person detection notification with IFTTT. I bought this camera because of the person detection and IFTTT integration with Smartthings. Iā€™m totally deaf, and this allows me to trigger my bed shaker and flash the lights in my house when motion is detected by my camera. Without the person detection though, any little thing sets of the IFTTT trigger.

I currently have the motion detection set to 1, so now I donā€™t get the motion triggers from cats and bugs. But when my security lights turn on in the evening or off in the morning, I get motion alerts. It would be nice if you could disable light triggers.

The person detection notifications on my phone through the Wyze app work great, and Iā€™m not getting notifications on my phone about non-person motion, The phone only notifies me if there IS a person. But since I canā€™t hear my phone, I need to rely on IFTTT to alert Smartthings if thereā€™s someone outside - or inside my house.

Any suggestions?

I use the person detection alert to turn on a smart light bulb using Alexa routines from the Alexa app. You donā€™t need to have an Alexa device to use it. You can also set up a Wyze rule with a person detection trigger if you have a Wyze plug or bulb.

PLEASE add Wyze lock / unlock to ifttt. OR How about Wyze opens up an api where I donā€™t need ifttt?

3 Likes

Please add action for outdoor camera to record to local sd card for x amount of time.

I know IFTTT is paid now for more advanced use but believe many here still use IFTTT.

Anyone with background IFTTT experience at programmer/vendor level here know what it takes to add additional skills and actions? Costs?

Iā€™m sensing Wyze has no future plans with IFTTT.

1 Like

Trigger Timer would be a major help! I want my flood lights that are attached to my wyze plugs to turn on when my cameras detect motion but I want them to turn my flood lights back off after a period of 15-20 minutes of no motion detection

We need IFTTT triggers for the Wyze Thermostat please. I am sure there are many that would be useful but the first one to come to mind is a notification or text message when the safety temperature is reachedā€¦

1 Like