Add More IFTTT Triggers and Actions

That would be really cool! I’ll mention it to the team but I don’t know how/if this would work.

3 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen well, we already have “motion detection” trigger on IFTTT, and everytime motion is detected, we can trigger some action.

But it is for general motion, that means it get triggered even for some leafs blowing or shadows, if will be more useful if we had person detection as well so we can trigger events only if person was detected instead of actual “motion detected” trigger.

Thank you.

1 Like

As others have mentioned, I have a need for actions to work on groups.

For example, I have a set of Wyze cameras in GroupA and another set in GroupB. When TriggerA occurs, I want the cameras in GroupA to turn on. When TriggerB occurs, I want the cameras in GroupB to turn on. Currently, to effect this behavior, I need an applet for each camera. In my case, that amounts to seven applets.

I would love it if Wyze had an action to turn on all devices in a group. That would reduce the applets in my above scenario from seven to two. I also need the “Enable motion detection” and “Turn off device” actions to work on groups.

See the mockup below for suggestions for enhancing the “Turn on device” action.

WyzeIFTTTSuggestion1

1 Like

We need Triggers for Wyze bulbs

I would love to be able to schedule device triggers on and off. For instance, schedule my motion sensor to trigger some light on in my kitchen when it detects motions, but only between the hours of 11pm and 6am. Basically any way to schedule device triggers would be very useful.

1 Like

You may want to hop over and vote for and/or comment on this:

Guys, please add an IFTTT toggle for the IR lights! It’s already in the app, it would be so simple to do.

I’d love the ifttt actions for leaving the door sensor open option. For example when the back door is open longer than 5 minutes set my thermostat to off.

3 Likes

this:bulb:

This is an important addition for IFTTT.

If we have control over toggle of Pan Scan, I can turn my camera toward the house when my weather station conditions are unfavorable for my exposed camera, by simply adding a waypoint that turns the Pan Cam at the wall, and one that points it at the normal position. Turning Pan Scan ON for longer than 10 seconds, then of OFF to lock in the alternate position is how we could toggle its orientation.

Simple. Just need the IFTTT feature please.

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen is this anywhere NEAR being implemented??
This is an important addition for IFTTT.

I like your idea, but in addition would be the addition of being able to use multiple triggers “or’d” or “and’ed” together so that any one of them would trigger the action. If that already exists, I haven’t figured out how to do it, and I really don’t want to have to create a half dozen rules to have more than one sensor trigger the action.

I would also actually prefer that it was done in the Wyze app directly rather than IFTTT, because I believe that it would be faster that having to go thru both systems.

rvl

What you’re talking about is rule engine based. It’s possible to do more with IFTTT using web hooks, but difficult. A hub, especially one like Hubitat that runs rules locally does a better job at that with less effort once you are familiar with the system.

I just need the IFTTT action, then Hubitat can activate it by closing a virtual switch with their Rule Machine

1 Like

I don’t think this is likely to happen this year but I can’t say for certain.

I definitely need the “Motion not detected for X time (both camera and motion sensor)”.
I wonder how long they would be able to roll out these suggestions.
It has been a year already since the post so i guess there should be some additions to the triggers.

You can now create a rule for the Wyzecam using a person trigger to turn on another Wyze device. A work around for IFTTT would be to turn on say a Wyze light bulb and use the bulb turn on IFTTT trigger (which is supported) to trip another alarm.

I don’t understand why Wyze doesn’t better integrate with IFTTT by having a person detection IFTTT trigger

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Loss of Communication/Network Connection Notification

I just voted for this. I was glad of course to see it on the wishlist, but it’s dated a year ago. I’m hoping it’s reached a vote threshold where they implement it soon. If my reasoning for voting this up isn’t immediately clear, it’s because I want my Hue lights to flash inside the household only for person detection, not for every motion, while also having my SD card capture every motion whether detecting a person or not. If I reduced the motion sensitivity, then I could create a workaround but with the potential risk of my SD card not detecting every motion even when a person is present. On the flip side, with a person detection IFTTT trigger, I would also have a potential risk of my lights not flashing when a person is present and yet not detected by the algorithm. But at least I’ll still have the “backup” of the algorithm detecting all motion AND the SD card capturing all motion. For either scenario, this is why I have my SD card capturing continuously as a failsafe. I hope I explained that correctly, lol.

This would be awesome. I would personally use " * Move Pan Cam to a specified waypoint" so that I could give people privacy (in a way that they’d know we weren’t filming) at certain times or events. I’d just point all cameras at the wall.

This has an added benefit that in an emergency I can just reorient the cameras - different scenario if the people in the house unplug them because they’re uncomfortable.

2 Likes

I agree. Because all of my devices (other than the Wyze cams and Leeo) talk to my Smartthings hub and webCore, I really don’t need rules engine ability; just more triggers (person detected) and more actions. Although ideally, Smartthings integration would be the Holy Grail for me (which I already up voted), I understand that IFTTT will probably garner more votes because it is more universal.

1 Like