Add More Device Triggers for Wyze Rules

Please allow motion detection to adjust brightness of Wyze bulb. Example when motion is detected change Wyze bulb x from warm medium illumination to bright white for 10 minutes.

this one was brought up during testing ( I asked) and was quite requested. so I don’t doubt it’s something being looked into.

The alarm trigger is supported now, but it doesn’t work. See:

Edit: This explains how to add a trigger for the alarm:

Please allow motion detection to adjust brightness of Wyze bulb. Example when motion is detected change Wyze bulb x from warm medium illumination to bright white for 10 minutes.

I second creating rules on loss of connectivity. I have one basement bulb on a switch at the top of the stairs, the rest are all manual pull strings. I want all the lights to remain in sync with the switched bulb but a bulb being offline is not recognized as Off in terms of Turn off or Off for x seconds.

I’m sure this has been asked on here, but I really need my Cam Pan to track motion ONLY when I have it set to detect motion (which is after-hours at my business). Thanks

The Wyze doorbell has a siren function, which is great! However, from what I can tell, that siren cannot be triggered using Wyze Rules. The only possible triggers are doorbell-specific, like turning the camera or notifications on/off.

What I’d like to do is be able to click a Rule saying I am on vacation and have it so that if Wyze Sense tells me any door or window is opened the siren would go off. This needs to be relatively independent of the doorbell, as I still want the doorbell sound to be a regular chime during that period.

Thanks!

1 Like

It would be useful if you could (A) create mutually exclusive modes – like “Home,” “Away,” “On Vacation,” – where selecting one automatically deselects the other and (B) program Wyze Rule triggers based on the mode.

E.g., if a door opens, I want lights to turn on, but only if I have selected the “away” mode, and not if I have selected the “home” mode.

I’d imagine for each trigger there’d be a place at the end where you’d then choose if it applies for all modes or just certain modes.

Currently the spotlight can be set to always on or on when triggered if its dark. I would like to be able to set it to always turn on at night so it can act as a deterrent but the area it is covering is never dark enough for this to happen. It would be great to have it turn on with trigger no matter what the light level during certain hours. Since these cams are not on a battery, even having it always turn on with trigger can’t hurt.
I want an intruder to see my cam and leave rather than have a really nice video if him doing whatever he is there to do.

Currently, we can set a Doorbell Device Trigger Rule that performs an action when a Person is detected during a certain time frame (like overnight), which is great!

But the options should include the ability to trigger a Chime alert of our choosing. Or have the doorbell itself sound off a chime or something like it currently does when a person presses it.

Basically, it would speed up the process of realizing someone is at your door, and potentially could let that person know they’ve been detected.

Would be even better if we could record a message or do text-to-speech of a message at the doorbell. Like “RECORDING IN PROGRESS” or “PERSON DETECTED”.

@Loki - can we add these two (home/away as modes and allowing triggering of the doorbell alarm)? :slight_smile: