Add More Triggers for Wyze Rules

Need the Garage Door system to have triggers:

• Garage door opened trigger
  • Garage door closed trigger

It seems that the wyze app rules do not have an option to create rules with the garage door opening or closing as the trigger. I see the close door command as an action, but it does not have the Garage door open or closed as a Trigger to create rules based on that.

If one uses IFTTT, it is also limited as it does not have a trigger for “garage door open” or “garage door closed”.

This limitation does not allow the garage door system to integrate with other wyze smart products.

Example… Here is what I want to do.

• Create a rule (on wyze app or IFTTT) that is triggered when garage door opens and the action is that a Wyze light switch turns on. This automatically turns on all my garage lights when the garage door opens.
  • Now we proceed to auto turn off those garage lights (wyze switch) 20 minutes after.
  • Using IFTTT, create a trigger than when garage door opens, it runs a webhook that delays for 20 minutes. After those 20 minutes are up, it runs the action to turn off wyze switch lights off.

With this basic setup, it allows my garage lights to turn on when garage door is open and they will auto turn off 20 minutes later, regardless if garage door is still open or closed. However, this is currently not possible since there is no trigger for garage door opened or closed in order to create something like this. What are the possibilities for Wyze to create these triggers in the wyze rules and in IFTTT order to achieve this?

P.S.
I tried creating this by using movement detection on the garage camera as the trigger and that managed to get the lights on. However, it FAILS to run the auto turn off the lights after 20 minutes because apparently, the lights turning on/off trigger the movement detection. So when the IFTTT applet runs the turn off command and the lights turn off, the first wyze rule to turn on when movement is detected is triggered and goes into an endless loop where the lights turn off for a second before they turn on again. In short, since the garage door open or garage door closed are not available as triggers, the auto turn on/off wyze switch is impossible without errors or loops. I have not found a solution to this other than the wyze team creating these garage door triggers.

2 Likes